Friday, January 14, 2011

Girlie Shopping, At Last!

As soon as we found out we're having a girl, Dan handed me a wad of cash and said, "Here, now you can go shopping," and off I went! I haven't bought everything in sight, but there are a few items I've found so far that I think are really cute. Now really isn't the time to be shopping for summer clothes though because only a small selection has come into stock. I guess that will help me pace myself. But I needed to buy something to indulge my cravings!


 
Dan and I had a fantastic date night tonight using a gift card from my dad at Red Robin, followed by getting forty minute massages at Provo College. But in between these two events, we killed time at the mall. Per my request, we headed toward the baby section in JC Penney. After casually browsing for a minute, I heard Dan gasp and disappear behind a pillar. When I caught up to him, he had already decided he wanted to buy our little girl's first dress:


Now if it was me, I usually would tell myself to look around a little more before deciding for sure. But the whole event was pretty cute. I've never seen Dan get that excited over a piece of baby clothing! It was really sweet to witness and made me so happy. We bought it without a second glance at the price-tag or further discussion. I can't wait to meet her and play dress-up! And maybe her daddy wouldn't mind playing, too.

7 comments:

Danae Curtis said...

That is so cute that Dan loved that dress so much, it is definitely adorable! I'm so happy to see you having so much fun preparing for baby girl's arrival! Seriously, girls are a blast and I'm so excited that you are already experiencing the fun! =)

Derek and Nancy said...

Isn't it so fun and exciting?! I find myself being jealous of your "first girl" experience! LOL! Derek turned into a sentimental fool when we found out, but this time around, he's kind of like, "been there, done that!" Although he is making our second girl a quilt like he did for Emi! Anyway, we're so happy for you!! REMEMBER, if you need a shopping buddy, CALL ME!!

Jon and Kim said...

I can't wait to have a boy some day too. But for now, it is a blast using my baby girl as my human barbie doll. My in-laws joke that she is just another accessory to me. Which is true. A lot of times I coordinate what I am wearing with what she is wearing. I know that I am dork! But it is fun to put cute flowers and bows, and dresses, etc on my little girl. I think that is why it is so fun to shop for girls, because there are so many more accessories to indulge them with. So fun!

jenny Koop said...

I am so happy for you! You deserve this, and your little girl is going to be DARLING! I definitely want to meet her! So happy for you and Dan!!

k.young said...

So fun! Girls are the best. :)
I miss you. Let's get together soon!!

Karmen said...

That dress is WAY cute!!! It is so easy to go crazy buying girl clothes. There are just too many cute options!

Hoenes Family said...

Dan made a great choice! That dress is adorable. I can't wait to meet her also! To answer your question about how did I get Kenzi to open her mouth..... I told her to open in right now or she was going to get two drops of hot sauce..... that sort of worked. She opened her mouth to scream some more and that was my golden opportunity to put a dab on her tongue. I know, I am a mean mom!

Post a Comment