Friday, June 10, 2011

Magna Cum Laude

It's been a while since I've stopped to brag about Dan. Let me just take a brief moment and do so right now:

Dan achieved his law school goal and graduated MAGNA CUM-LAUDE: "With High Honors", (which is the second highest distinguishign category) placing him in the top 15%. (Dan's getting mad at me as I type all of this but also...) Dan's GPA increased every semester! He certainly worked hard to earn it and I'm so proud of him. While I'm in awe of his accomplishments, I'm not surprised. In the six years we've been married, Dan has always put forth 100% effort and dedication in anything he does, and it tends to pay off. Of course, it does take its toll. For the first week after graduation, I'd laugh when Dan's new theme song played on the radio because it fit him perfectly:

"Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars

Today I don't feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don't feel like picking up the phone, so leave a message at the tone
'Cause today I swear  I'm not doing anything
...
No, I ain't gonna comb my hair
'Cause I aint' going anywhere,
No, no, no, no ...

Now, if there was only a verse about lounging on the couch and playing XBOX 360 all day long, it would be a perfect tribute to my husband who was thoroughly embracing graduation, and taking a 2 week hiatus before studying for the bar! I didn't mind though. After three years, he deserved every minute of relaxation. Unfortunately, his personal utopia only lasted 7 days before the basement flooded and he had to spend the next few days removing the library of books and bookshelves, pulling back the carpet, drying it, removing the padding, tearing out the wet dry-wall and replacing it... Reality hit with a vengeance! Since it snapped him out of his euphoric relaxation mode, he continued his check-list of things to do around the house before the baby came. And within days of her arrival, he hit the books again! --all TEN OR ELEVEN books that Barbri (a BAR preparation course) provided, along with his seven-day study schedule. Ridiculous! Fortunately for me, Dan knows what is realistic and what is just pure insanity, so he is usually home between 5-7pm and has even been making time to lift weights and run on the treadmill, usually five miles. He's amazing (and looking quite good, I might add. Now he just needs to make time to lay out and tan that white bod of his, and we got us a well-rounded, handsomely tan man!)

Dan takes the BAR in Las Vegas on July 26-28th. Wishing him the best of luck and praying for him all the way! Although we all know he will do just fine. It's how he rolls.

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

YAY for Dan (and you, too!) :)

The Hickman Family said...

Jared and I are so proud of Dan! Honestly, (and you can read this to him too) when I first met Dan 8 years ago, he was such a goofball that I would never have guessed that he would graduate Magna Cum Laude from Law school! He couldn't even type his own papers on the computer =) But really, we are so proud of both you and love you guys so much!

Pawranee said...

Dan, we are SO proud of you and all the hard work and dedication it takes to be where you are. We love you!

Post a Comment