Here's half of the crowd. The kids table was full in the other room, too.
Without mentioning any names, we apparently weren't entertaining enough for one certain young lady. (Though she was impressed with her first taste of mashed potatoes)
Aiyana has great sagging jowls after such an amazing yawn.
I thought my pie turned out better than that! Tough crowd. (But actually, Uncle Dan had to fight her off for berry pie left-overs on our last day. He declared berry pie for "adults only" and she was not OK with being stiffed with pumpkin)
Kali and Taylor are always good for laughs! For those of you thinking I'm a mean person for posting pregnant-belly pictures, I had full permission. I love Kali. She totally embraces her pregnancy more than anybody I know!
That's right, peeps. No hands. Don't we all wish we had a portable table?
I hardly saw little miss Shelbi. She had so much fun playing outside with Kali's two girls. Pawn and Thomas have a huge backyard that is awesome for the kids. They have a playground set up that entertained the little girls for hours at a time.
I'm a new fan of Kid 2 Kid. This used-dress in perfect condition sold for maybe 6 bucks, a new favorite on Aiyana.
Cousins! We have so much history and incredibly fun summer memories with Kali and the other Smeds. Love that family!
The inseparable trio
(Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the other kids. Slacker!)
While it's difficult for temple lights to compete with those of Temple Square in SLC, the Mesa temple was still lit beautifully as it shared the story of Christ's birth.
I am thankful for so much in my life right now. A year ago, I still hurt so much, though I was thrilled to be 15 weeks pregnant and starting to show. Now, I get to care for an amazing 6 month old that makes me smile and laugh and cry happy tears to hold her. I'm even grateful (after the fact) for the nights that leave me awake and frustrated with a baby struggling to sleep because at least that means she's here with me.
Dan and I feel blessed beyond understanding for the wonderful job he has and for this home we now live in. How did we get so lucky that so much life has pieced itself together for us, blanketing us in comfort and peace and happiness? However it has happened, I am grateful.
3 comments:
We loved having you guys here! Miss you so much, but it was such a blast. Thanks for making the trip down, it made the weekend so special. I am thankful for you, Erica! Thankful that you are my sister, and that I know I can always rely on you whether it be for laughs, tears, or a listening ear. I am amazed by your strength and wisdom, you are such a great example to me! Big hugs!
I retract my permission! Remove the pictures IMMEDIATELY! Ha ha! kidding. I laughed and laughed. Those are some classics! Some day I will be glad you took those pictures of my big old belly ;) We had so much fun with you guys. I still laugh about playing Scategories. "Eboli, Man of the hour etc....." Good times indeed. I hope there are many more hilarious memories to come. The next time I see you, I hope it is wandering through your lovely home! Love you to pieces!!
I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! I love the pictures of Aiyana in her bumbo. She is so beautiful! Let's talk soon!
Post a Comment