Thursday, January 5, 2012

Last of the 20's

I turned 29 this year, marking my final year to relish in my twenties! The idea of turning thirty next year used to sound so old to me as a kid, but now that I have so many family members and friends in the thirties mix, it does not seem like that big of a deal. Actually, my thoughts on aging have changed considerably over the past two years. Sure, the idea of wrinkles and old bones does not sound super appealing. . . but bring on life and getting old! All that really means is that I get to be with my son sooner. Not to be morbid -- I'm just sayin'.

 Here we are at a restaurant called B.J.'s. How lucky am I that because of the holiday season, I have always been blessed to have so much family around to celebrate? All my Vegas Kiefer family were there as well as Pat and Lynette, and Ryan, Emily, and Addie from Utah.

 My niece, Addie, always had to be held by whoever was holding the baby! But that's ok. I loved the extra love from her. (I like how Aiyana looks ready to order from the menu!)

 It was about nap-time though, so she just wanted to snuggle, not eat.

 Lynette and me

 I was totally spoiled, as I always am. My family was way too generous with gifts, and dessert was just as satisfying! This is a scrumptious Pizooki: Four different types of cookie dough with ghiradelli ice-cream melting on top. So much better than cake! I think I might have to make this my own personal tradition. It's just that good.

 Aiyana decided to take the wheel from Carrie and show her a few moves after lunch.


I always feel bad that my birthday tends to dominate the day when really the focus should be on Christ, and sometimes Santa:

 We went to Tivoli Village for a little shopping at Charming Charlies (major bling-bling accessory story for the ladies!) and a carriage ride with Santa for the little girls. (Aiyana's picture is coming once I get it from my brother!)

That evening, we went to the Ethel M Cactus Garden in Henderson to check out the Christmas lights, desert-style:

 It was cold!



Some of us thought the cold was no big deal, though. "What of it??"

No comments:

Post a Comment