I have a riddle for you:
If you still don't know: The item was worthy of having a toast and a ghetto-candle-light dinner.
. . .
. . .
If you're still not sure, don't worry. Dan didn't figure it out right away either. (This time, though, are we really surprised? Just teasin'!)
Cheers to us!
I found out on July 5th that I'm pregnant. I'm technically 9 weeks along now! I'm very sorry for the friends and family I spoke with in the last couple weeks who I had to "white-lie" to or refrain from sharing the news! I wanted to be sure I told my mom first, since she was in Utah and she's usually last to know because she lives in Thailand. So that happened a couple weeks ago, and then I also wanted to go to my first appointment, which happened yesterday. It's all still true. I'm having baby #3!
Telling Dan
It's not Dan's fault that he didn't figure out my scheme. This was during our second week back from the Pioneer Trek and like I mentioned before, he has been slammed with work every single night and wasn't making it home before nine pm. So when I told him I had a special dinner planned, of course he thought it was soley because of his hard-working, late hours. I even started off my explanation that way (when he FINALLY got home at 9:30 PM and I had known since 6:30 that morning!).
I gave him a hug and expressed how grateful I am for all he does to take care of us, and how I have "really been thinking about the little things . . . " So we sat down and he smiled when I revealed our dinner plates and thought it was a sweet gesture.
I should have played it out more but I had been waiting ALL day and night and couldn't take it. I continued, "and . . . I want you to know that all the work you have received is not the only blessing from Trek . . ." *Ding Ding Ding*!! His eyes widened as all the "baby food" items finally registered, and his eyes became teary as he hugged me. Just in case I needed further clarification, I added with a laugh, "I'm pregnant!"
Probably TMI, but speaking of Trek, I am 95% sure that we got pregnant on Trek. NO, we did not do the deed while there. Of course not! But with the timing of everything, I know certain biological entities were ready and waiting by that first day we left for Trek. = )
So this pregnancy was definitely planned but still a bit of a surprise. I figured I'd need Clomid again, but I gave myself a window of time that would place the next baby between 21 months and 2.5 years apart from Aiyana. That meant trying to conceive between May and February 2013. I figured I'd pay attention to details and try on my own . . . then start adding in the temperature charting . . . then maybe clomid in the fall if things hadn't happened yet . . . . However, even while on Trek, I just had this feeling that this one was likely to work out, which scared me a bit!
But what a calm, non-stressful attempt and success at pregnancy! I can't believe how easy it was. After the last two pregnancies -- especially with that immense desperation wanting to get pregnant after Ty passed away -- it is such a different feeling. Peaceful really.
So begins the next steps into my third pregnancy!
7 comments:
YEA!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys!!! No worries about the little white lie! ;) Love you and I am so happy for you guys!
YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HIP HIP HOOOOORAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! I am so thrilled for you guys! Cheers indeed! Love the baby food idea. I still didn't get it until you said "baby food". Then I was like "Ohhhhhh! Now I get it!"
Okay, I swear I just posted a comment..... so I will post it again! It said HIP HIP HOOOOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!!!!! So thrilled for you guys!! Cheers indeed!! I didn't get your whole baby food thing until you said "Baby food", so I really would have ruined your surprise announcement had I been there and not caught on to your scheming ways! ha ha!!! Love you!
YaY!!! We are so happy for you both! That is so exciting! Congrats!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!! I was hoping you would get pregnant soon! And I'm espeically glad it was so easy and stress free for you too! That's so good to hear! LOVE YOU!
I'm super late, but I am SO excited for you guys!!! siblings are so fun and I'm sure Aiyana will be such fun help. Reading this, and your later post about being pregnant makes me want to be pregnant again!
Post a Comment