At my 26th week appointment last Monday, my uterus measured at 25 cms and I gained 5 lbs in the past 4 weeks. I've decided being pregnant over two major holidays is going to be a very bad thing!
Something definitely happened over Thanksgiving (I like to call it the start to "holiday bloating") because when I came back, lots of people have been commenting on my growth. I definitely feel more pregnant these days. The baby also started moving a ton while I was in Utah (guaranteed, sugar over-load because there was some major indulgence happening that week), so that's been fun to finally feel him regularly during the day.
I try to exercise 3-4 times a week still, even if it's just going to a zumba class or a 20 minute Jillian Michael dvd. In the zumba class, I always wonder what it feels and sounds like for the baby! Gotta be kinda crazy for him! I feel sore in the usual SPD areas that I've mentioned but they're not crippling me like they did with Aiyana, so I know I'm managing my workouts much better this time around.
I'm feeling the nesting-urge in a very big way! In January, we are going to transition Aiyana over to the room across from the nursery. I want to paint it purple (perhaps the main wall a "plum" color, and the other three walls a light purplish-gray). We'll have the crib in her room for 4-6 months after baby boy is born because he'll just be right next to me for a while in our room. But once we need the crib back in the nursery, I think we might try Aiyana in a big-girl bed -- as in, queen-sized! That way, we can still use that big bedroom for guests when we have a full house.
Some pics:
18 Weeks
24 Weeks
27 Weeks:
yep, there you are belly, getting nice and round!
3 months or 13 weeks left. Sounds a lot shorter to me in weeks and I'm starting to get a bit nervous -- as well as appreciate the ease of one child while it lasts. Dan and I had such a nice weekend together as a family, and at one point Dan said, "We're about to get a major wake-up call in three months. . . ." Yes, indeed, and with Aiyana's more frequent tantrums, sometimes I find myself wondering what I was thinking planning for 22-months-apart. She's still such a baby herself sometimes! But knowing Dan, I am more than confident in our ability to adjust well together. So I'm not too worried about it. It's gonna be rewarding, hard-work and a lot of fun.
2 comments:
You look great Erica! I thought I was insane for planning babies 22 months apart as well. My friends themselves said I was crazy. But I am so glad it happened that way. It's fun to raise babies together. You will love it!! The constant going keeps things lively and exciting in a good way.
And, you look STUNNING as usual!!
Post a Comment