- has shown interest in his toys.
- rolled over at 3.5 weeks from tummy to back, then didn't do it again. Until...
- rolled over right at 4 months from tummy to back twice in a row. We're getting mobile!
- kept mostly to the same schedule he's had for 2 months: Up and at 'em between 7:30 and 8 am and down for the night by 8pm; 3 naps a day (an hour or so in the morning, short one at noon while we're out and about in his car seat, and a nice long-one by 2pm when Aiya naps, too. Yay!); still wakes to eat once a night and every 3 hours during the day.
- laughs more and smiles all the time.
Nickname development:
Lately, we call him "Bucket" because he loves to throw his lower lip out at us! I had the biggest frowny-faced lip when I pouted as a kid. My Grandma Rock would often say, "You could hang a bucket on that lip!" My little boy is following suit, I suppose. Love this little face so much!
4-Months:
Looked after by sister
Aiyana surprised me the other day when she heard Aaron fussing during forced tummy-time. I looked over and she said, "I sharing! Here you go, Aaron," and put the laptop in front of him. I thought it was so sweet of her!
Phase 1 complete!
Aaron has been sleeping in the inclined Rock 'n Play sleeper beside my bed, and since he wakes up once a night, Dan and I have been sleeping in separate rooms. At 3.5 months, I finally felt comfortable enough to leave Aaron in his own room at night.
That's huge for me! After Ty, I never thought I'd be able to have my baby away from me before he or she reached the age of 5 months at least. Aiya stayed with me until 6 months, though part of that was because we hadn't moved into our own place yet, but I was secretly glad for the excuse not to part with her. I wasn't ready! It's been so awesome and unexpected with Aaron.
Phase 2 begins:
The next step has been moving Aaron into the crib. He hasn't slept flat on his back ever because I just felt so safe with him sleeping inclined and he slept so well. Why mess with a good thing? Well, he's outgrowing the Rock 'n Play and I know he's getting uncomfortable when he's in there for too long. So the first night of light swaddling and back sleeping made me feel like I had a newborn again! He tossed and turned and kept losing his binky and bonking his head on the crib that I ended up sleeping on a mattress in his room, and he eventually ended up beside me by the wee early morning.
The 2nd night went a little smoother....
and by night 3, this is how I found him shortly after putting him to bed:
It didn't last beyond midnight though. Poor kid had his 4-month shots and was whining throughout the night, so I slept in there with him and he eventually joined me in bed again by 6 am. We'll keep trying!
Stats
14 lbs and only 7th % for weight. Doctor wasn't concerned and said he's healthy and fine. He's definitely my smallest for this age though! Aaron is my only baby to be purely breast-fed, rather than supplemented with formula, which had both Ty and Aiyana 2 lbs heavier at this age. I'm considering giving him a little bottle of formula now and then, if he'll take it. Not sure yet...
1 comment:
Aaron is so, so, SO cute!!! I can't stand it, and the bucket lip picture is adorable!
Post a Comment