Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sisters-Trip to AZ

Back in June, Jen and I drove to Arizona to visit Pawnee. It was toasty outside but their pool totally makes it worth it! And the Shipley's company, OF COURSE. = )
 







This was Aiyana's first time back at a pool since last summer. She loved the pool last year but this year, she was so hesitant and scared to be in the water, even with her new puddle-jumper life-jacket! She still looked super cute, at least.




At not quite 4-months-old (during this trip), this handsome little guy rocked his hand-me-down swimming outfit from cousin Ethan.





Ethan has turned into such a fun, feisty kid! Ok, maybe the feisty spark was always there, but he sure is playful and happy now. In these pictures, he attacked Maile, spanking her back and bum. Maile was such a good sport, taking the beating!



Ethan really is a ball of ALL-BOY energy! He would take running leaps at anyone standing in his way, and tackle and smack, laughing all the while. He loved instigating any physical play with his siblings, including Christian who is all-in-all a much more mild kid. That didn't stop Christian from chucking a small rubber toy at Ethan's sensitive areas, multiple times! -- despite my protesting, "Christian, no! He's so little!" as I was shocked by Christian's calm, yet merciless response (even if little Ethan DID somewhat deserve it). Christian would just smile and say Ethan "gets what he gets". Brothers will always retaliate.


Aiya was a bit possessive of her kindle fire (yeah HER kindle fire. Dan and I got it as a combined mothers-fathers-day gift to ourselves, knowing Aiyana's interest in it would provide us some relief and sanity!) What a life saver it was while driving in the car!




Aunt Pawnee and Aaron! Aiyana really took to Aunt Pawnee, as well, and would let Aunt Pawn do her hair cute every day.

The first night we arrived, we put the kids to bed and paid Rachel and Maile to babysit. Pawn, Thomas, Jen, and I thoroughly enjoyed a long, uninterrupted dinner at Olive Garden, sharing appetizers, entrée and desserts, of course. It was so nice being able to talk and enjoy each other's company without kids in tow!

The next couple of days we swam and just hung out at the house. Jen was able to stay longer than I could, with Rusty arriving after I left. It was a fun visit, and we never know these days if it'll be the last one we have with Jen for a while! (they are potentially/probably moving to West Virginia in the next couple months. Boo. . . )

1 comment:

Pawranee said...

Erica, I loved the visit! The sister time is always so great and I appreciated that you and Jen make the trip with so many little ones in tow. I'm so glad you document all these fun times together, I haven't been as good about that. Our doors are always open so come party some more! :)

Post a Comment