Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Half-Way There: 6-Month-Old Aaron

Aaron usually wakes up for a feeding sometime between 2 and 5 AM, and then will go back to sleep until 6:30-7:15. We snuggle in bed together until 8 AM, where he's intent on batting me in the face with his arms to ensure I do not fall asleep again. . . that, or he likes to grab a hold of my face or neck and slowly, painfully sqeeeeeze his fist together until his nails pinch my skin and bring tears to my eyes. I'd rather snuggle, so I guess that's his way of keeping me alert!

At eight o' clock, we enter Aiyana's room (where I'm sure she's been content to quietly lay in bed awake or read for a while, thankfully!), and Aiya requests snuggles with Aaron. "Sit here!" she insists, patting her pillow. Aaron grins and squeals, brightening and laughing at her. He often is infatuated with his sister.




 He fits perfectly in the stroller now, so we don't always have to lug around the huge, bulky-one made for his car seat. This was his first day in it and he loved it as we walked to the park.

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Wakes up once (maybe twice) a night just when he needs his binky, (usally before midnight, so I'm often awake still) and then he's content until he needs to eat. If I ever try and not feed him during that time, he gets mad real fast, tossing his head back and forth like, "Noooo, you will not pacify me! Feed me!"  I pick him up and carry him to the rocker, all the while Aaron is making frantic sounds of excitement and impatience. It always make me laugh when he finally gets what he wants, making that "chomp" sound that cuts him off, mid-cry.
  • Still naps at 9 AM for at least an hour, though now he's starting to make it to 10:30-11 AM, which is great! However, it does make it tricky to get anything done out of the house, since I then need to feed him, load the kids up, and try and get an errand or two done so we can be home by 1:30, rushing to prepare for their 2 PM naps! I'm still so happy about coordinating the two, even though it's kind of late for naps. But I looove my 2-4 or 4:30 personal time!
  • Aaron rolls around like crazy! I have to keep an eye on him because he'll just keep rolling until he hits the bottom of the shelves, or runs into tables, chairs, etc. 
  • Starting to make "dah-dah" sounds. He's not nearly as talkative as Aiyana was at this age, so every time he makes those sounds, I love it. This month, he really seems to be trying to convey a message when he makes noises or whines. You got a ways to go, sweet boy, but we'll figure it out together.  
  • Love his grin and happy eyes and eye-brows. His face is so sweet!
  • He's developing more of that "spark" that we've seen. Some days I think, "whoa, what is going on with you!" but that's more because it's more common for him to just be chill.
  • The attachment stage is happening. I left the other day to run to the store, and when I came home, he was crying in my mom's arms, which rarely happens. The moment I walked into the room, he cut off his cries and just watched me, perfectly content now that he could see me. Silly boy. . . and yes, that makes my heart melt, even though I hope he doesn't get difficult to leave for babysitting. 
  • STATS: 17 lbs (37 %-tile) and 25.5 inches long (still 7th %-tile, to Dan's dismay). Healthy boy! And he didn't cry too long after his shots. Whew!




 Ok, webbed-toes. Where did you come from?? Oh yeah, the KIEFER gene.





2 comments:

Pawranee said...

You have so many adorable photos of Aaron (with Aiya, too!). Each time I think i found my favorite shot, I see another one I like just as much! He's such a sweet and handsome little guy! You're such a great mother, and it's fun to hear all about his big accomplishments. As for the toes, our kids got the Shipley toes. One day a couple years ago, my sister in law looked down at Shelbilyn's toes and said, "Ah! I KNEW it had to be a Shipley gene that all our kid's toes look like those!" :) How sad and what a relief it wasn't a Rock trait, whew! :)

Ryan and Emily said...

Well, my girls have the "Rock foot" lol!! A huge big toe and WIDE feet:) I agree with Pawnee... the pictures of Aaron turned out so great! He's one adorable baby!!

Post a Comment