Thursday, October 10, 2013

Aaron is 7-months!




Naps are about the same. I put him down at 9 or 9:30 and he usually sleeps 40 min to an hour. His long nap is from 2-4 or even 4:45 if I'm really lucky! (nap-time has turned into writing time!)

Teeth! For about a week, he cried a ton a bed-time and woke up more frequently in the middle of the night. Finally, that pesky tooth busted through, followed shortly by a 2nd. My baby's bottom teeth are popping through! He needs all his teeth ASAP because this kid wants to at EVERYTHING. Every time I'm holding him and eating my own lunch, he eyes my food with envy, swiping at my plate or my hands to get a hold of it. Usually, this ends up with him knocking my plate out of my hands or my food onto the floor, which makes for a not-so-happy mama; but it's cute that he is so curious about food.

The other reason he needs teeth is because his gag-reflex is as bad as ever. Even mushed up baby oatmeal that comes in the jars, mixed with mush fruit, will cause him to gag. The oats are teeny-tiny, but he chokes every time. I've decided his gag-reflex comes in handy, though, because there has been a time or two where he's playing on the floor and pukes up some food, and only then do I realize that he's had something in his mouth that he shouldn't! Sheesh. Time to vacuum and sweep the floor more often. The lazy house-wife in me says, "dang it!"

I love the word cheeky. Most Americans don't use it, as it's more of a British term, but I just think cheeky is the perfect, cute way to describe mischievous personality (without wondering if you are spelling or pronouncing the word correctly!). Aaron is most definitely cheeky. Aiya torments him sometimes with her loving (and sometimes mean) attention--but he likes taking a swipe at her, too. At church, she'll walk past him and I love he determined look on his face as he swipes his hand out in jerky motions, trying to grab hold of her hair. She is not a fan. He thinks it's hilarious and seems quite proud of himself. I've had to scold him many times lately when he bites and scratches. The biting happens when I am nursing and YOUCH. Makes a mama wonder how much longer she has to nurse for. . . I flip his nose after I've removed him from myself, frowning and trying my best to convey "no no no!" to a 7-month-old. He just smiles super big and laughs at me! And then, to emphasize that he most definitely doesn't care about being scolded, he rakes my face with his nails, usually topping off the pain by pinching my skin right at the end with those itty-bitty, fast-growing, sharp fingernails. This kid is already exhibiting troublesome traits!

Speaking of trouble, he's figured out how to roll everywhere. As of the last couple weeks, he has started scooting already! He reaches, tugs, and pulls his body towards his desired toy, kicking his legs mostly uselessly--though sometimes his feet will make contact and he'll also receive a bit of push from his lower half. Since just a week ago, he has discovered how to get up on all fours! This crawling process is happening so fast! It's fascinating watching him learn and seeing his eager excitement on his cute face-- but I know he's going to be into everything. I can just tell this boy is going to be a busy, busy boy.

Growling. Aiya figured this out at 4-months and made all sorts of monstrous noises, which would always catch people by surprise as they'd walk past this "cute baby!", who would then growl at them. Aaron growls throughout the day, often sounding like a little bull-dog or a bear! Not much else in the "consonant development."

Now that I've just returned from my trip to Tahoe, I can also add that Aaron is not a good traveler when it comes to night-time! Sooo tired from Aaron waking up every 2 hours, screaming angrily from his pack ' play. It wouldn't be a big deal if he'd be content snuggling with me in bed. Nope, he would keep crying until I nursed him--again--and then would want to play or scratch my eyes out after he's wake up and notice he's "sleeping" beside me. Only one more trip this fall, though. We can do it!

Mom-Milestone: I forgot to give myself credit last month for reaching pre-pregnancy weight of 137! And with this additional passing month, I now fluctuate around 136. Crazy thing is, I hardly exercise -- not by choice, but since the publishing world has hit me, I haven't had as much time. So I have just been following a non-strict "high protein, healthy-carb" lifestyle, with cookies and ice-cream thrown in a couple times a week, and it's working so well for me. I'm probably losing muscle, too, to be honest, so hoping to get toned when I have time!  A friend in the ward is a nutrition-fitness guru so she runs a mom-boot-camp at this awesome park once a week. I have been LOVING that the past 3 weeks or so. Exercise is so much more enjoyable with a group of ladies!










No comments:

Post a Comment