It's strange to think that today is my due-date. I'm supposed to still be pregnant! I'm so glad labor and delivery is all behind me now, and that I can just enjoy baby Ty now.
We came home from the hospital Thursday afternoon, October 22. My mom and dad welcomed us home with a decorated front door and yummy dinner. It felt so good to be home with baby Ty. That night, he woke up every 2 hours to eat. After each 20 minute feeding, he'd fall right back to sleep. I couldn't (and still can't) get him to sleep in his pack 'n play beside the bed. He just likes to be held and snuggled on our chests or cradled in our arms. I feel OK with that, as long as I'm propped up in bed because I don't move much at all. But I know we're setting ourselves up for a monster! I'm not ready to push the issue yet though. I love sleeping with him against me as much as he does! Tomorrow, we're shopping for one of those co-sleeper contraptions though. I think he just needs to not feel so open in the large space of the pack 'n play. Hopefully, that will help.
Last night, I got my first six hours straight of sleep since giving birth. It felt amazing! Especially since I was able to sleep on my stomach for the first time in a couple months! I'm such a tummy sleeper that I savored every minute... this was made possible because Dan offered to sleep with Ty on the couch and was going to bottle-feed him in the middle of the night. We were supposed to switch shifts around 3:30am or so...but Dan just let me sleep. Nice, huh?
I love my little family! Being a mom is the best thing ever, and I'm so grateful for what a blessing Ty is in our lives. Life just keeps getting better.
4 comments:
Oh, you are going to just be the best parents ever! I hope you get the sleeping thing worked out. IT seems like it doesn't take too long and eventually like their own space also! Good luck. You're doing great! Tell your Mom and Dad hi.
What a sweet post. Your family is so darling! What a sweet little boy you have. I am so excited for you and I am glad that you love it so much!
Congrats again! He looks so precious. I can't wait to meet him someday!
Congrats! I am so excited for you all and am glad that things went well for the most part:) He is absolutely adorable!! Enjoy this wonderful new phase of your life... motherhood. There is nothing more rewarding.
Post a Comment