Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things I'm learning as a new mom...

  • How to carry the car-seat without knocking into people who are seated at neighboring tables and eating.
  • How to apologize when I fail at the above.
  • How to maneuver the stroller around the mall, including not repeatedly ramming into clothing racks, as well as locating elevators I never paid attention to before.
  • How to go hungry while trying to get my day started...which takes much longer than before.
  • How to listen to my baby cry without racing over to rescue him. Still working on this one but making great progress! I think I've made it seven minutes...granted, I was stuck driving in the car on the freeway and had no choice. But at least I didn't follow my breaking heart and do an emergency pull-over.
  • How to overcome mastitis! Antibiotics do wonders.
  • How to pull off daily baby vomit as perfume.
  • How to laugh instead of cry during frustration.
  • How to feel loved by a husband who does everything he can to help me.
  • How to be grateful for the precious gift in my life, even without lots of sleep.
  • And in this very moment, as suggested by Dan: "How to help my husband help Ty overcome hiccups and gas by getting off the computer!" Apparently, this one is very important.

1 comment:

Jon and Kim said...

Sounds like you are learning a lot. Maybe we should give you a little more practice of not knocking into people in restaurants and go out to eat some time. :D

I am glad that you are feeling better. You look great in your pictures and Ty is soooooo Cute!!!

Did I tell you that I am pregnant? :D

Well, I still have your baby gift. We need to get together some time. Love ya!

Post a Comment