Ty is two weeks old today. His weight gain has increased by about an ounce a day, which the Dr. says is great! Today's appointment had him at 7lbs 8.5oz. The less exciting part of his appointment was letting him be taken away to be circumcised. I opted not to watch. My mom was with me for moral support. I was so sad when Ty was brought back to me. I heard his "in pain" cry for the first time and it broke my heart! He snuggled against me and quietly gave those shuddering, shallow-breath type cries (you know, the ones after you've had a long cry). The Dr. said he was such a champ. He said Ty didn't cry during the surgery - just let out some little gasps (which didn't make me feel any better!) and then cried a little afterwards. My poor little boy... I'm glad he won't remember any of this. But I disagree with anyone who says babies "don't even feel it". My sister, Pawnee, gave me some great tips - including bringing baby Tylenol with me so I could immediately administer it to him. Changing his diaper isn't any fun for anyone - and I can't help but cringe at how sore it looks! But given another week or two and he'll be just fine.
The kid can sleep all day if I didn't wake him up to feed him. At night, he generally wakes up every 2-3 hours out of hunger or just a diaper change. He is one particular boy, that's for sure. He refuses to eat if he's wet or poopy. There is definitely an expected order to feeding.
We love our little boy!
2 comments:
So sad! That is one good thing about having a girl, no snip snip!
I am glad he did so well!
You're poor little guy. It's never fun to see your little ones in pain. I'm so glad you're enjoying being a mom! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment