Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vegas, here we come!

It's been stressful trying to figure out where we'll be next summer. For second year law students, it's really important to establish yourself at a good firm because they will likely hire you for after graduation. The interviewing process has been long and drawn out. Every rejection letter put more pressure on Dan. A few weeks before Ty was born, Dan did receive an offer from one Vegas law firm. He wasn't crazy about it but it was an offer, nonetheless, and that made all the difference.
Then, on the same day Dan found out he was going to be a daddy, he called me and was so excited to share that he'd received an offer from Lewis & Roca. A daddy and employed, all in one day! It's a fairly prestigious firm in Las Vegas and pays well. So he took the job! Next summer, we anticipate 2 weeks of training in Phoenix (so we'll get to visit Pawnee and her family) and then spend 6-8 weeks in Vegas with the Kiefers!
Now, I'll be honest, I've never loved Vegas. In our four 1/2 years, Dan and I have spent three summers working there. And somehow, it keeps calling back to us! But I'm willing to give it a fair shot. I've only been there as a transient employee during the hottest time of the year, so I'm looking forward to seeing how "fall and winter" treat us. The location is great for family though. Lots of Kiefers in Vegas, and then only 5 hours from both Arizona and Utah! This is all assuming they follow through and offer Dan and job after this summer though. We'll be praying that it all works out! Plus, one major incentive for me is we'll probably get to purchase our first home! Here's hoping for the future!

1 comment:

k.young said...

Sounds exciting. Good luck and I am sure they will offer him a job!

Post a Comment