Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fun over the holidays

This year, my entire family was together for Christmas except for my mom, who returned to Thailand after Thanksgiving. But we were thinking of her! Jen, Rusty, and Kylana flew in from North Carolina, while Pawnee, Thomas, and their kids, Rachel, Maile, Christian, and Shelbilyn drove from Arizona. One of our most fun evenings was our Talent Show night, orchestrated by Pawnee:
  • She and her twin girls danced a polynesian number, followed by a beautiful solo from Pawnee. I'm so glad our two year stay in Fiji introduced Pawnee to dancing because she is so naturally gifted in that area.
  • Thomas played a couple numbers on the piano for us.
  • Ryan and Emily summed up 2009 by playfully making fun of each family member through Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" - Ryan strummed the guitar while Emily sang their creatively funny lyrics!
  • Dan and I also took the opportunity to poke fun at everyone through the use of a Spelling Bee contest. Each person was asked to come up and spell a word, but first had to ask "Can you use it in a sentence?" We then used the word to insult them. I know. True talent, right? Dan still prides himself on his ability to make my family laugh!
  • My dad read a comical poem about the Legend of Sam McGee.
  • And one of my all-time favorites: Jen and Rusty's highly creative and entertaining video. I can't even explain it. You just need to see it for yourself!

Sadly, Pat and Lynette were battling awful colds and were unable to join us. = (

Grandpa and baby Lana enjoying a show
Love Pawn's attire!
Pawn, Rachel, and Maile performing
And these two! Everyone was so excited to see Ty (10 weeks) and Kylana (12 weeks) reunited since their departure from heaven. Jen and I had both been trying to get pregnant over the same year period. When Jen became pregnant, I said to her, "Hopefully, your baby and my baby were best friends in heaven and pinky-swore they'd come down together." I found out I was pregnant one month later. Maybe I wasn't too far off! and even better, we can't wait for the third little buddy to join them. Emily is due in March!
The three littlest cousins: Ty, Lana, and Shelbi

1 comment:

Post a Comment