Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lost and Found

If you've ever lost your wallet, you know the sickened, agonized feeling: There goes your license, all your credit/debit cards, proof of certifications, cash, receipts... and in my case, three free scalp massages! I was so glad I had at least just finished using my $30.00 gift card to Zupas, a new favorite of mine (I'm totally on a sweet-salad kick, and got Dan hooked on the Lobster Bisque) Dan laughed in disbelief when that was actually a concern of mine.

It happened a couple weeks ago when Pawnee was in town with her family. I went to work, knew the last place I saw my wallet was in my car (because I think it's actually safer than bringing it in with me with all the kids running around), but could not remember if I brought my wallet from the car into the condo. Everyone helped me look for it, and for the next five days I kept looking ALL over the condo. I knew it was in a safe place. I knew I hadn't REALLY lost it. But fact of the matter was: I was driving around without a license or any sure knowledge that my cards were not in the wrong hands.

So, finally, I made it to the DMV with my squirming baby strapped to my chest for two hours, and got a new license. My picture is hideous and I'm one documented pound heavier than I was on my last one. All my cards were cancelled and my scalp untreated (that sounds kind of gross). Two days later, I found my wallet inside a party bag, inside my recreation therapy closet at the condo. It was unfortunate timing but I was so relived to at least know what happened to the thing!

The only good part about this experience was that I had just gone to the mall for a new wallet. I found a $40.00 one on double-sale for $10.00! It's cute and smaller than the monstrous black one I was carrying around. Dan asked if I was going to return it. NOPE! For all my troubles (whether my fault or not) I will at least have a new wallet to carry around.

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Oh that is an awful feeling to have. I am glad that you found it! I hope you guys have fun in Jersey!

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Loved the story! You had mentioned you lost your wallet at the reception. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to ask what had happened. I'm glad you found a great buy at the store! And got your scalp treatments back. I would have been mad over that one!

Post a Comment