A couple weeks ago, Dan and I drove down to Gunnison, UT with our friend Gary. He's always so nice to share his fun "toys" with us! Dan drove the four-wheeler most of the time, which is fine with me. Some of the time I just zoned out, letting my thoughts wander. I loved driving through the wind and looking at nature surrounding us. It was really peaceful.
Then we ran into this precious hang out.
Needless to say, we didn't try out the couch, as inviting as it seemed. Apparently, this was the popular place to be!
Gary was brave enough to step inside.
And he even found a keep-sake. Yes, he really kept it!
It was a really fun afternoon!
The next day, we drove to Cedar where Gary's brother lives. We were invited to borrow two of his horses and take them up on some trails. Unfortunately, this was the first time the horses were saddled up all season and they were pretty skittish. Their owner didn't feel comfortable sending us on the trails so we just rode them around the area. I still loved it though! I've always loved horses. I rode just a couple times when I was in elementary school along the beach in Hua Hin, Thailand. Since then, I've wanted to and I wish I knew how to really ride but haven't had much opportunity. I felt comfortable leading the horse into a canter, but the stir-ups were not quite high enough so my balance was off. But I loved trying for short moments at a time!
Dan said he felt like a "fish out of water", but he did fine. He loves horses but probably doesn't enjoy riding them as much as I do. He prefers the four-wheeler! But after that trip, Dan is even more convinced that he needs to get horses for me someday! I would love that. I think it would be so therapeutic to have a horse to care for right now. They're such amazing animals, and oddly enough, I felt an immediate connection and understanding with the horse, even though I really know nothing about horses or how to ride. I really want to learn someday.
Gary has another brother and sister-in-law in Cedar, Craig and Julie. Their 9 month old twins are adorable! Dan and I couldn't help but feel partial towards Jeter, their little boy. Ty would be about 7 months now. This little Jeter was 17lbs - only one pound heavier than Ty was at 4 1/2 months!
His sister, Kamarie, was also such a sweetheart.
2 comments:
Aren't friends with benefits great! Only, you didn't have to put out to get these benefits, even better! :) Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
Cool pics! Lots of fun. Glad you got to go and relax before launching into your summer.
Post a Comment