Thursday, May 6, 2010

Second Year of Law School Complete!

During finals, there is a character Dan becomes, whom his friends affectionately call, "Special Ed." I think Ed is one of Dan's coping skills when he's studying. He brings a lot of laughs, or so I'm told. ("Nailed it!")
Finals were pretty crazy, as they always are. Fortunately for me, Dan convinced his study group to spend their 10-12 hour days at the condo. For three weeks, they used my dad's big screen to review their outlines and practice problems, while they occupied the entire leather sectional, and then some. While he was very busy, at least he was home all day! His friends (who I also consider my friends, too) are great company. I'm always so grateful Dan found such a reliable, fun group to spend his three years of law school with.
We will also love them for donating much of their precious study time towards helping Dan and I move out of our apartment. Our system worked pretty well: I have a handful of friends who helped me clean the entire apartment and box up much of our belongings. Then Dan and his crew came over and moved it to a storage unit. Since we have moved back in with my dad, there is not room for all of our "stuff". But this just makes moving next summer that much easier! We are very grateful to my dad for so willingly and lovingly taking us back in without a second thought. The condo feels safe, and will always feel like home.
What a relief it was to put the studying, sleepless nights, and exam-taking behind us! Congratulations, Dan, for putting another year behind you. One more to go!

4 comments:

Jon and Kim said...

I love Dan's picture! I can only imagine him as "Ed" Humor is what helps through tough times! Congrats on another year under your belt!

Megan said...

He only becomes "special Ed" during finals?? I am pretty sure I have experienced Dan's "special" personality many, many other times. Hahaha, just kidding. Congrats!!! Two years down, only one more to go.

Karmen said...

Nice, Dan! I'm glad you two survived finals. Good bye stress, hello summer!

elias said...

The leather sectional was A LOT more comfortable than the chairs in the small, cramped, and sometimes smelly study rooms. Thanks for letting us take over your place for a few weeks while we studied for finals!

Post a Comment