Despite a few very hard days once in a while, Dan and I are still enjoying our time in Las Vegas. Dan has been getting to know all the attorneys at Lewis and Roca quite well and seems well liked, which isn't a surprise. Dan is so personable that people connect to him quickly. Work has been interesting but stressful at times. Dan says law school doesn't quite teach you everything about really working at a firm. It's been a learning experience though and he has five weeks left to go.
Last week, our friends Danny and Leslie Newman were in Vegas for the week. We had a great time with them! We went shopping, went to a fantastic hands-on children's museum (like a science learning center), watched Toy Story 3 (LOVED it), grilled delicious dinners, made jewelry... I really had an enjoyable time with them. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures. I guess we were simply running around too much! But I should try and get my hands on some. Their kids, Kiefer and Ruby, are really cute! Danny and Leslie aren't bad either.
Last Friday was one more "mingling" event for Lewis and Roca. We went to a fancy clubhouse inside this beautiful gated community that had its own golf course inside! It was so green and gorgeous that at one point, I forgot we were in Las Vegas. As the reality of Las Vegas perhaps being a more permanent stop in the future sets in, I have found the idea growing on me. I've only ever lived in Vegas as a transient employee during the most sweltering time of the year, so I've never been attached to it, other than the lure of being close to family. But this summer is beginning to feel differently. It's been fun talking and hanging out with my friend, Brittany Bayles, who is also here in Vegas- and imagining what it really might be like if we both moved here next summer... and it makes us smile and feel giddy about ditching our student income and moving into our own house! I believe home can be where ever you want it to be. It's something you carry with you, and with the right attitude, can be planted just about anywhere.
Living with Jake, Carrie, and Lila has been really fun. We're very grateful for their willingness to let us stay with them for so long, and I love that we don't have any problems. I love watching Carrie take care of Lila and seeing how Lila learns from her, and how much they love each other. Carrie is a wonderful mother and I continue to learn things from her as I watch her.
We had a lot of fun getting ready for the Lewis and Roca social. Carrie was a huge part in helping me spruce up my look and get me ready in time! She found the dark jeans and shirt at Banana Republic last week and convinced me to buy them. (How could I not when she, of course, found a spectacular deal on both?) At the house, we tried on a ton of different shirts as I tried to figure out what to wear (my first two planned options failing miserably and going back to the store next week!). Then she blow-dried and styled my hair while I applied my make-up. It was just like being with one of my own sisters and I loved that it felt the same.
These two look grumpy in this final picture. Perhaps it was because a certain someone was encouraging just "one more" pose with her awesome new camera! (Dan bought me a Cannon Rebel XSI for our anniversary and I'm just now having the time to figure out how to use it. I'm pretty much clueless and will be relying on Carrie's teachings to guide me, alongside the manual I'm too afraid to read. There's so much to learn!)
Recovering and Surrendering
9 years ago
2 comments:
You two were definitely looking hot. And the camera is taking great pictures. I am glad you went with that one.
We definitely feel the same about having you guys this summer. We are having a great time and love getting to see you so much.
See you in a few days!
Erica, you look so good in these pics! And Dan...it's amazing how good a person can look when he's not wearing pajamas. :) Glad you are out and about, impressing the folks at the firm with your stylish look...
Post a Comment