Things were about to get crazy...
Carrie, tearing down the trail. Look out, people!
We ran into a slight problem... But Dan refused to let it stand in our way and prepared to bust the tree into pieces on his own.
Fortunately, he had some help.
They snapped it like a twig and pushed it aside.
Oh, these He-Men were so proud. Nothing would stand in our way. Onward!
(Dan and I went on our own little excursion earlier. Just need to throw some of these pics in here)
Remember the BEFORE shot? Here's AFTER:
Yep. Everyone made it back in one piece. Now for some close-ups...
There were some sweet hair-styles going on. Who needs fancy hair-wax when dirt and wind will do the trick?
Did I mention Dan was run-over? Well, that part's not true. But he sure looks like he took a beating. Or is dressed like a "drag-queen", as I believe Jake put it.
Awesome! All the dirt is merely evidence of how much fun we had. And yes, I know it was a horrible idea to wear a white jacket but it's all I had (It was a dollar at Wal-Mart. I was not that concerned).
Honorable Mentions:
Sharing the loft with Ryan and Megan. They regretted that unfortunate placement with Dan's intrusive snuggling! And so did we, by the way. Ryan's a stinky time-bomb that went off one time too many. Sick.
A couple highlights:
- Everyone in the room out-voting Dan when singing and dancing along to Mylie Cyrus' "Party in the USA!" I didn't know that many adults knew the lyrics. To be or not to be...ashamed, that is.
- It's possible that I slipped down the carpeted stairs in my over-zealous attempt to groove to "Hey-Ya" (Outkast), Flight of the Phoenix-style. (I was tapping a stick to the wooden triangle from the billiards table and apparently, I'm not coordinated enough to walk down the stairs at the same time!) Yeah, it hurt more than I let on. I've got the bruise to prove it.
Here's to a Happy Fourth of July. I'm proud to be an American! (And a Rock-Kiefer!)

3 comments:
Wow Erica! YOU guys look like the adventurous ones!! Those pictures are awesome and just beautiful. I am glad you are having such a great summer with being able to get out!
that looks like so much fun!! I'm jealous....when you guys are making the big bucks, will you invite us to do cool things like that too? Emily insists that I report: "This is Ryan," everytime I make a comment.
That was so fun. Great way to capture the memories. And I knew that fall had to hurt more than you let on. Although, I kind of chuckled out loud remembering it.
Ryan- We are shooting to do one more trip this summer and you guys are always welcome!!
Post a Comment