Thursday, September 16, 2010

Girlz Night!

 
On the same day I found out I was pregnant, I joined Jamie and her girl-friends in Park City for Girlz-Night. We arrived in time for our dinner reservation at the Blue Iguana. Delicious Mexican food! I love me some guacamole!
 
 Don't mind the approaching trolley in the background. Hold the traffic while we stand in the middle of the road and pose for a picture...multiple times.

Our hotel was amazing! Ashlie's husband generously flipped the bill, spoiling us in the most fun way. Walking into the room, there was a bedroom to our right with a queen bed, full bathroom, LCD TV, and a couch that pulled open into a bed.

We had a hallway!

Jamie, flopping gracefully onto bedroom #2. I think there was a bathroom in here, also. 

 Another full bathroom at the end of the hall...

 In the living room, the kitchen came with an oven, microwave, dishes, silverware...everything we needed to cook up a storm! But, of course, being girlz-night, cooking was the last thing we wanted to do. We made a trip to the grocery store instead.

 Here's all the girls, over-loading the four person hot-tub, outside our private balcony

I wasn't trying to be a prude by covering myself up with the bath-robe. But being newly-pregnant, in favor of not nuking my embryo, I only sank my legs into the tub. (Ok, I know "technically" I probably could have sat in the water for a few minutes, but I wasn't taking any chances!)
None of us were entirely sure what Jamie was up to, though... haha... I think she was trying to point out the name of our hotel but it ended up looking a little perverted on her part!


 Ah...everything a Girlz-Night needs: nail-polish, candy, chocolate (lots of it!), crackers and cheese...

 Finished product. Which one is my "Flintstones foot?" (as Dan lovingly refers to them.)

Cleansing face-masks. Aren't we hot?

 The common room outside our suite. I loved the fire-pit!


 Roasting star-bursts with forks! We kept expecting security to come take us away (or at the very least, usher us into our rooms) but nobody came. So we enjoyed hanging out around the fire late into the night. I really enjoyed hanging out with Jamie and her friends. It was such a great evening, filled with yummy food, girly fun, fattening goodies, and even a little bit of spirituality.

5 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

What a fun fun night! Gotta have girls nights for sure! In answer to your questions..... My grandma first lost my Uncle Rex and his daughter (her granddaughter) Lori. They got hit by a train. Next, she lost my Uncle Bart who was hit by a car while driving a tractor. He died two weeks before his wedding. Then there was my cousin Ashley 16 years old. Hit by a dump truck. Followed by my grandpa. All so very sad and tragic. Yes, my granny reads my blog. She gets it in her e-mail. Sorry, such a sad comment to post here. I think I answered all of your questions.

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

What a fun time!! How perfect to enjoy one of the most exciting days of your life! I need to get myself a girls night in a fancy hotel! IT was a fun recap to read!

Karmen said...

Wow! You girls went all out! That looks SO relaxing. I'm glad you had a good time. And good call on not going in the hot tub. ;)

jenny Koop said...

This looks like so much fun!!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves, still so excited for you and your lovely news!!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

Wow!!! I have been out of the blogging world for way too long!! I missed so much!!! so a belated CONGRATULATIONS!!! i love you! and I'm sooo happy for you!!! And what a fun stinkin girls party!! Ours are always a dinner and/or movie... I wanna do a whole fun night like that! Anyway! Love you! I'm so excited to see you in a few weeks!!!! YAY!!!

Post a Comment