I finally reactivated my 24-Hour Fitness pass, which I put on hold a few months before Ty was born. It was supposed to have automatically reactivated after six months but...somehow I got lucky and haven't been charged in all this time!
Out of boredom and need for something new in my exercise routine (which right now consists of Jillian Michael's 30-Day-Shred three times a week), I attended the oh-so-popular Zumba class. I've tried it once a long while back but didn't love the instructor and never went again. However, today I had a blast! Well, at least for the first thirty-minutes...and then, because it takes just as much mental energy to keep up with the unbelievably fast Latin footwork, I petered out after forty-five minutes and called it quits for the day. My booty and thighs, not to mention my cardio, were challenged to the max! Whew!
I would never want anyone to see me dance to Latin music. I'm pretty atrocious at keeping up, and probably make all the hip-action look more painful than anything. But it was dancing, nonetheless, and that's one area I wish I had developed more in high school. It's fun when you can keep up with the rhythm! Today's class incorporated a little bit of hip-hop and krumping, which was easier for me since it requires less finess. Next week, I may try their hip-hop class just for kicks.
So, take a back seat Pregnancy-Fatigue! You're not in the driver's seat no more. This is second-trimester energy backing me up!
Recovering and Surrendering
9 years ago
1 comment:
I have been wanting to try zumba, but I know I will make a fool out of myself so I never go. I guess I should try it sometime!
Post a Comment