Monday, January 3, 2011

Awaiting an Exciting Moment

Tonight I've been lying in bed with a smile on my face.

The two-week trip to New Zealand was amazing. I'm home in Provo, warm in bed with my husband and completely relaxing. And I heard some exciting news today that is not mine to tell (yet!).

But off and on, I've been lifting up my shirt to expose my recently popped belly, my eyes searching for the small movements I'm beginning to recognize more often, rippling ever so gently under my skin. Tonight is the first time I've actually seen my tummy move in this pregnancy, and I absolutely love the comfort and reassurance each one brings.

In twelve hours or so, I will have my 20 week ultrasound and be able to put a gender to the image of our baby! Before I became pregnant, I felt strongly about a boy's name, and later felt a surge of excitement as I sat in the temple, feeling like there was a little boy so excited to come down. But when I became pregnant, my first instincts have told me that this one's a girl--and it seems to be everyone else's opinion, too!

Over the last couple weeks, I am back to feeling pretty clueless. The only thing I do know is this: I will now be genuinely happy either way. I've been staring at newborn baby pictures and other people's babies with such longing that I only hope for a healthy pregnancy and delivery. But it will be nice to be able to purchase the tiny clothing that I always touch as I pass by in the store, itching for the day when I can impulsively buy it for my baby!

I'll post our news as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Jamie Malloy said...

by now you already know....but im still waiting! its 11:30 so you should be here soon! ahhh...i cant wait!

Post a Comment