BRAX RUSSELL FIDLER
Born April 7th, 2011 at 7lbs 12oz and 19 inches long.
About an hour or so after our conversation, I finally received a text from Rusty. But I did not expect it to say Jen had just had her baby, and all natural! That kiddo came fast! Jen told me later they received my messages just after baby Brax was born. "Thanks for the warning!" she joked with me. Jen pretty much dilated from 6-10cms in thirty minutes, and even when she suddenly wanted the epidural around 8cms, the nurse kindly let her know she was doing an amazing job, and by the time the anesthesiologist could get there, Jen was going to have her baby! Jen said that was all the encouragement she needed, knowing she didn't still have hours left. Who was to know it would only be minutes? In total, Jen's labor lasted 4 hours and fifteen minutes. Quite a contrast to Kylana's ordeal!
Birth is absolutely amazing, regardless of receiving medication or not. I would have been proud of Jen, no matter what she decided to do. Creating, caring for, and birthing a baby is the most miraculous event any of us can experience! But I am amazed at her unexpected desire for the challenge, though not entirely surprised. Jen has always been a girl with much heart and motivation. I remember our track days together in high school. Jen was not quite a sprinter and did not have the speed that I did. But I always told her she had more heart. During workouts, she trained and pushed herself so hard and had an endurance that I often leaned on during many of our sports practices. She's one tough cookie!
Two sisters down, one more to go! I have six more weeks (give or take) before I get to experience my own story. As I've been thinking about my upcoming labor and reading about hypnobirth and listening to relaxing music, sometimes I do feel like I'm training again. Mentally, I can feel the anticipation of the race, and it makes me nervous and excited at the same time. Some moments I dread it, and then most others fill me with a bubbly rush -- sort of like when I'm reading a book that is so intriguing that I skip paragraphs and pages, just so I can peek to see what happens at the end of the chapter! Patience. The end is near!



2 comments:
He is so cute and Jen is amazing. What a trooper! I can't wait for the final chapter in the Rock Sisters' birth stories! Little gal will be here before you know it!
Yahoo!! I just love labor stories! I can hardly wait to hear the details of yours. I'm so proud of Jen!
Post a Comment