Friday, July 15, 2011

A Little Bit of Randomness

 Whether Dan and I are in the same room or temporarily separated (as we still are in the evenings while he studies for the Bar) this is how he sleeps:

 I snapped this in the morning while he was still snoozing. He always has his feet sticking out!

 ...and he never likes it when I lovingly tease him for it. hehe... Poor guy. He is exhausted. He studies from 10am-7pm, and even when he's home he's making or reviewing flashcards while we watch, "The Office" re-runs together. A couple weeks ago, he was freaking out and lacking any confidence in himself to succeed. Now his studying all seems to be coming together and he's more hopeful, though still scared about the whole thing. We will both be so happy when this exam is over.

 Morning snuggles. She and I have these moments, too, but Dan is not usually awake in time to take the picture! There are so many moments that I wish my eyes could capture. Even when I ask Dan to snap pictures of the two of us together, I'm usually disappointed when the picture just doesn't look right. It's not Dan's fault. Sometimes my eyes are at the most perfect angle and can only be best saved in memory.

 The early mornings are my favorite, despite how sleepy I feel. The dim, almost-blue lighting floods the bedroom at about the same time that I've acquiesced to her desires to sleep with me. Her head rests on my chest as she falls asleep nursing. Her lips are full and squished together next to her chubby cheeks, and every little feature is simply beautiful. While I love every outfit she wears, my most favorite is her little nakedness, wrapped only in a diaper. I love this little girl.

 Visiting with Grandma Smedley up in Mountain Green. I don't write about Grandma enough. She's a loving, amazing woman with a home so full of happy summer memories!

This one makes me laugh!


 I chopped my hair off again. Not that it grew much in the year that I've been trying to grow it out! I liked it short but said I'd grow it out when I became pregnant. I didn't get very far for some reason! Then I received an amateur haircut from a student place I usually go to for trims, and really didn't like what she did (go figure). So I went to a more trusted source and went with my favorite A-line again. Getting ready for that Vegas heat!

Cousin Casey, Pawnee, and Ethan

1 comment:

Petersen Palace said...

Hey Erica!
It's been nice getting to know you, even if most of it is through cyber space. :) Your little girl is such a doll! I love her cute expressions, awesome funny faces! I hope you're having a great day! :)

Post a Comment