Sunday, July 17, 2011

2 Months Old!

Here's our little beauty wearing the first dress we ever bought for her -- if you remember, it's the one that Dan so excitedly picked out before she was even born. No surprise, it looks even cuter on her than on the hanger.
Her face is so stinkin' chubby and kissable!
I wish I could record all the little "conversations" Dan has with her. Some of them are pretty funny, though I can't remember most of them now.

*Their latest dialogue has been his hope that she goes to law school. For some reason, the thought is really intimidating to me! She's just my little baby... I don't want to imagine her feisty in a court room!

*Today before dinner, he was leaning over close to her face and teaching her what she should say to cops: "If they ask to search your car, you say, 'When you have a warrant!'" (Should I be more concerned that Dan  anticipates a future where cops have to search her car, or the fact that Dan is all ready passing on his not-so-fond attitude towards policeman?)

*In reference to an excuse I made, Dan sniffed and then said to Aiyana, "Do you smell that? Yeah, smells like bull-crap to me, too." I had to laugh out loud, in addition to protesting.


 I promise she has not had botox, despite this perma-wide-eyed expression she often does!



"Dad--quit poking me in the eye with your big ol' nose!"


At her doctor's appointment, she officially weighed in at 11 pounds, 12 ounces! That puts her in the 75th percentile. I can't help but hear that old garbage bag commercial, "Hefty, hefty, HEFTY!" Nah, she's just healthy and growing like crazy! She has grown 2 1/2 inches since birth (22.5 inches now), which is about average.

I had a discussion with our pediatrician about vaccines. I have always been 100% pro-vaccines, but I have been hearing more people discuss their fears associated with vaccines. The fact that Ty received his 4 month vaccines two days before he passed away doesn't help with the doubts that pry their way into my mind. Some people believe vaccines are associated with SIDS... Do I really believe that? No, not truly. But it's just one more thing to cause worry.

Our pediatrician was very sensitive and kind and didn't push me one way or another. He just answered my questions, which helped reassure my confidence that there is nothing wrong with vaccines and they're certainly not associated with SIDS or Autism in any way. (I know there are strong opinions out there but like politics, it's one area I'm not publicly diving into!) So Aiyana received all her shots, and I hated how her eyes widened and she cried herself into a red tomato... but she calmed down very quickly. She was a bit fussy that day but still napped great.

Aiyana's just about outgrown her first swaddle, so we've moved up a size! I also purchased a couple more pacifiers because she wants one now when she's sleepy. Good night!

P.S. I jinxed myself by writing how decent she's been at putting herself to sleep and sleeping. Now it's hit or miss again in the middle of the night, unless I give up in my tired-state and sleep with her in my arms. Then we both sleep great! Little stinker... I need to wake up and work on that before I create a monster.

2 comments:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

She is such a cute baby!! I love seeing all her pictures!!

Ryan and Emily said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I loved all of the pics. They just grow so fast! It's only been a few weeks since I have seen her and again she is looking like such a big girl!

Post a Comment