Friday, September 16, 2011

Like Old Times!

Dan had to fly to Arizona for two days for orientation since Lewis & Roca's headquarters are located in Phoenix. Since he was going to be gone, and Ryan and Megan were headed to Florida to enjoy Harry Potter Land, I opted not to stay home alone. When Dan suggested I fly to Utah, I was all for it!

It's only been just over a month since I supposedly moved to Las Vegas. I say it like that because I just feel like I'm on extended vacation. It might have something to do with the fact that I've spent just as much time out of Las  Vegas as I have IN it! One week on, one week off seems to be the trend. Anyway, so visiting with family and friends felt like I'd never really left -- more like I've just been too busy to hang out as much.

First stop was Murray! That evening, Pat, Lynette, Ryan, Emily, Addie, Aiyana, and I met up at Red Lobster to indulge in their Endless Shrimp. Mmm! How is it I never tire of that place when I eat there every couple months? It's just that good, and I will fight any one who begs to differ. (Namely Jake Kiefer, who tried to sabotage Dans and my obsession by revealing what he found "behind the scenes" one day. I refused to listen. What I don't know doesn't hurt me.)

I spent the weekend in Provo, staying with Jamie for two nights. Phone calls can only cover so much, and we had lots to catch up on! It was fun talking in person again and seeing her beautiful kids. I wish I'd taken some pictures of those two girls. They have quite the pool of energy that keep Jamie on her toes! Going to my old ward (from when Dan and I lived in that duplex with Ty) was lots of fun. Despite how transient that neighborhood is, I was able to talk with so many good people who have touched my life. I also spent some time laughing hard with Lisa and Nancy. Lisa has the funniest stories, usually deriving from embarrassing moments in her life. I forget sometimes that the way Lisa, Nancy, and I met was being in the R.S. presidency together. I received so many blessings and friendships from my short time with them.

Then it was back to Murray!

 Here's Addie enjoying her very own couch! Speaking of beautiful kids... I did manage to take a ton of this pretty toddler:


 Look at those brown doe eyes and those chubby cheeks!

Addie could not get enough of Aiyana. Every few minutes, she'd say, "Baby, baby!" and constantly looked for ways to play with Aiyana. I think the next few pictures sum up Addie's infatuation:

 Kisses...

 kind of...

 holding hands...

 and comparing feet...

lots of hugs and touching...

 (love Addie's cute face here!)

Unfortunately, the next couple pictures sum up how Aiyana felt about Addie:
"Get me outta here!"

It probably didn't help that Aiyana received attention-overload from Jamie's 2 year old, Rowan, for a couple days. With another toddler after her, Aiyana just couldn't take it. Granted, she did receive a few scratches for battle-wounds and would burst into tears. But her reactions eventually seemed a tad bit dramatic. At one point while in the same grocery cart, if Addie so much as reached a finger towards her, Aiyana opened her mouth and let out the angriest, red-faced cries. She was so done being touched!

But Addie loved her anyway!

Emily and I visited The Quilted Bear one morning. That place is amazing with all its crafty booths and decor. I'm definitely going back there when it's time to decorate my house. I picked up some flowers for Aiyana to go with the awesome head-bands Emily sewed together for me. They're just panty-hoes for 33 cents! I love headbands.

But sometimes they had a mind of their own and take advantage of my daughter. If she's ever crying in her car seat, that's one thing I know to check for because she somehow blindfolds herself!

Aiyana is such a pro traveler now. She has now been on an airplane six times and gets better every time. She usually fusses for a few minutes out of the trip, though its rewarding when fellow passengers applaud her behavior and how adorable she is. (I admit that I purposely dress her up for bonus points, just in case) On our flight to return to Vegas, she just cuddled in my arms and then fell asleep before take-off. She's such a good girl for me.



Now we're back "home" in Vegas, just waiting for this stinkin' long housing process to close! But we feel very fortunate for Ryan and Megan letting us stay with them until then. We're all crossing our fingers though for that September 21st closing date!

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

That is so funny. Kaylee (Polly's daughter) was the same way with Kenzi. If Kenzi even came near her, she would scream and cry! Even when Kenzi looked at her! Those infants certainly know when they have reached their limit! Glad you got to fly to Utah for some fun!

Danae Curtis said...

I can't believe how big she's getting. She's adorable! I can't wait til we get to see her again. The picture of her with the headband over her eyes made me crack up. Especially since my girls had the same problem! =)

Post a Comment