Dan and I may as well invest in Red Rock passes because we plan on doing lots of hikes throughout this next year. And with Aiyana as a good excuse, the hikes will have to stay at a moderate level, which is just my type of hiking! I love sports and I enjoy exercise, but I am a lousy hiker.
Dan, on the other hand, could out-hike me any day. Even with Aiyana strapped to his chest, he was climbing rocks twice as fast as I was! I'd like to blame part of the problem on my shoes' lack of tread, and not fitting right anymore, 'causing my feet to hurt. I'm pretty sure they grew in this last pregnancy and that just stinks since Dan already calls me "Flintstone Feet". (We can't all have skinny monkey toes like him) But truthfully, part of the problem lies in my confidence. I slip or trip all the time when I'm hiking non-paved trails. So when we're climbing up rocks, I'm constantly afraid I'm going to fall to my death (or at least a few feet to major injury). I truly question my background as an athlete on days like this. It's a bit baffling to be honest!
I kept begging him to be careful, even though I trust him way more than I trust myself. But it's a mom's job to worry. Plus, no one ever expects to get hurt. (Except Dare-Devil Dummies)
It was a beautiful day though! This weather at this time of year is so awesome. It's one of the best parts about living in Vegas!
(That's the strip in the background) I think the view is more spectacular in person.
Aiyana didn't fuss at all, except when we reached the top of the summit and cold wind blasted her in the face. It's been a few weeks since we did this hike, so we're going again on Saturday. Red Rock has so many trails to choose from. It makes Dan so happy to be out of the office. The combination of nature and physical exercise is the best remedy for stress!
No comments:
Post a Comment