Saturday, March 24, 2012

Welcoming . . .

CHARLOTTE RAE ROCK

Born March 22, 2012 at 7:20pm
6 lbs 12 oz, 19 inches



We are so happy Charlotte is here!

Given a number of circumstances, Emily and Ryan opted for induction on Thursday. It was that or wait a whole extra week and perhaps be surprised with labor pains in the middle of the night and have to drive 45 minutes to the hospital! (They moved a couple months ago from Murray where their doctor and hospital are located, to live in Provo at my dad's condo)

I haven't had a chance to speak with Emily yet, but from Ryan's brief description: They arrived to the hospital around noon and, without any complications and only 4 pushes, Charlotte made her entrance beautifully and smoothly into the world! Ryan said it was a sweet, tender experience to witness -- and much less intervention needed when compared to Addie's birth. We're so proud of Emily and happy for how her family with Ryan is growing. Seeing all these newborn pictures does indeed make me pine for that newborn stage just a bit. There is nothing more spiritual or precious than these tiny babies straight from Heaven. I can't wait to hold Charlotte.!

 I love this picture. Addie adores babies -- sometimes too much, according to Emily (and Aiyana when she was 3 months and overwhelmed by Addie's love and attention!). Addie is just too cute and will be a great big sister. They do share the same birthday, after all! Exactly two years apart.



Good luck you guys!!

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Oh Erica. I just read your Dumbo post. I was just fine until I saw the pictures of you holding Ty as an infant. Immediately the tears stung my eyes! I am so glad that you were able to have that special moment with Aiyuna who put her head on your shoulder. Often times I find that my kids are the ones to comfort me when I am sad. They may be young, but their spirits are older and wiser than their body lets on. Just my personal opinion :) So glad that the two year mark went smoothly for you. I feel bad that I didn't even send you a text or anything! I am so behind on blogging it's not even funny. Now on to my other comments..... Hooray for a new beautiful niece! Glad things went so well. I love you St. Patty's party idea. Such fun things you do! So glad to have you for my cousin. Love you!

Karen Ella said...

Hey Erica! Do these guys live in my ward now? I saw someone who looks just like them yesterday at church, but I didn't approach them. Maybe I should... :)

Post a Comment