Monday, July 2, 2012

Sweet Reunion

I missed Aiyana while on trek and thought about her frequently, especially in the evenings. But I wasn't worried about her or anxious. Not one bit. I knew she was in the best hands with my mom (and ever since Aiya turned one, I find myself so much more at ease). Still, I couldn't wait to see her!

When I opened the front door, I saw my mom playing with Aiyana on the carpet. She stopped and looked at me with no reaction until I said, "Aiya!" That tiny moment of silent shock didn't last long. Her face broke into the hugest grin I have ever seen, and she tore across the floor, crawling at her unbeatable olympic-pace, and rapidly babbling with every move. I ran to her and scooped her up, falling to the floor as I squeezed her. She and I both laughed and squealed together, embraced in the tightest hug she has ever given me, gripping me with both hands. The best part was when she lifted her head off my should to literally growl in happiness, her cheeks so full from smiling so big, and she turned her cheek to burry her face into my chest once again. Over and over she kept nuzzling into me, and I was filled with such sweet relief and joy to be with her again.

Top Ten BEST FEELING EVER!!

*As a side note, in that moment of reunion, the thought came to mind of the reunion I get to have with Ty some day, and the unparalleled euphoria that will accompany that time. I don't know how or when that works exactly in the Millenium, but from what I've read from gospel doctrine, Dan and I may have the opportunity to raise him again in that same adorable, chubby 4 1/2 month old body in which we last held him. I ache for that day!

1 comment:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

I enjoyed reading these posts about your trek. What a sweet description you wrote in regards to your reunion with Aiya. You are so good with words. Love you!

Post a Comment