Tuesday, September 25, 2012

17 Weeks Pregnant

I had another doctor's appointment last week where I've gained a fluctuating 3-5 lbs so far. My midwife was stuck at the hospital so I had to wait a while, but then the appointment itself was quick and to the point since I had no questions or problems. Included in that quickness was Angela finding the heartbeat almost immediately with the doppler this time.

A strong beat still just under 140 bpm. . . If I'm following the "old wives tale" of heart-beat rates then -- "that's my boy!" haha . . .  Ty's heart-rate was about this rate and Aiyana's was 165 bpm or in the 170s -- something way up there comparatively. So I'm interested to see if this "myth" works for me or not, though an ultra-sound tech told me once it really is 50/50 and doesn't mean a thing! Fun to think about though.

I find out the gender next week if all goes well! Next Thursday, October 4th, so be ready for a post on my blog and facebook.

In the mean time, I'm still not physically uncomfortable, though my abdomen continues to "thicken" and stick out a bit now. I've been attending a pilates class once a week, and just started running a few times in the past two weeks now that it's barely "cool" enough in the mornings. ("Cool" as in high 70's, low 80's!) I love the water-basin track across from my house! It's a mile-and-a-half all around and just perfect to make it around twice while pushing Aiyana in the jogging stroller. But let me tell you . . . it's been a while since I've gone running and when I previously did, it was back in June when Aiyana and I both were a few pounds lighter! Given the fact that I haven't run in a while, I'm not running hard, even though I hate that I tucker out after a consistent mile and then split the next mile with walking and jogging. What's happening to me?? JK. I know it all just comes with the territory and I'm happy to be a part of the to-be-ever-increasing limitations for the next few months.

One more week!

And here begins my prego-belly shot updates:

5 Weeks and just found out a few days before.
 
17 Weeks
and bump starting to round-out instead of simply looking like soft belly-flub!

Just to confuse things, I decided I want to take pictures from my right-side, which is how I was taking them with Ty's pregnancy. So from here on out, we're going this side:

 
Let the growing begin!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment