Saturday, September 15, 2012

Swim Party in AZ!

Over the summer, Pawnee and Thomas had  a dream-pool created in their backyard. We've heard about it and they had been inviting us to come back and visit all summer, but it wasn't until Labor Day that we saw for ourselves how spectacular it is! Pat and Lynette weren't able to come, but Dan and Rusty made it down for the weekend, and then Jen, Ry, Emily and all our kids were able to stay for almost a week.
 
The pool and surrounding lounge chairs made it seem like we were in a resort! Seriously -- my favorite area to lay about was this queen-sized mattress with a canopy over it, like what I've seen at the casino pools in Las Vegas! And it was perfect because some of the days when I was there without Dan, I waited to go swimming until Aiyana was napping, so I could truly enjoy SWIMMING. It was amazing, and I forgot how much I love to swim as opposed to just lay out and tan or entertain Aiyana. Don't get me wrong, playing with Aiyana is super fun, too, but as far as relaxing vacation goes . . . it was so nice to go out alone!
 
The boys were brave and did all sorts of flips and twists off the waterfall ledge. Us ladies were all kinda scared, even though it really wasn't that high! But it's been a while since we've even jumped off a diving board so it took a few times (or maybe every time for some, who will remain nameless . . . hehe!) to gain the courage just to jump or dive off.
 
 
 
The kids were fearless, especially Shelbi. She put us all to shame, the way she'd just leap off like it was nothing!
 
We're supposed to pretend that the pink floaty Brax is sitting in does not define his mascalinity . . .
 
 
 
One day, our Rock cousins/aunt/uncle who live in Gilbert, drove up for a couple hours. They opted not to swim, so Thomas enjoyed harassing them with the fountains:
 
He had the magic controller that would make the fountains shoot up super high, and he'd wait until the wind was just right so that my Uncle Brian kept getting sprayed, every time he sat down in his chair! Eventually, Uncle Brian figured it out. Made me laugh! (as I layed out on the adjacent bed, reading my book. Ahhh . . . )
 
The inevitable WATER FIGHTS:
 
 
 
 
And now, a short highlight of our cutie, Charlotte:
 
 
 
 
And Pawn and Ethan!
 
It was a little crazy with our full house-hold of 10 kids. Parts of each day were exhausting, actually -- namely meal time and bed-time, just trying to keep up with all the cooking, dishes (despite how much we used paper plates!!) and there was usually a couple unhappy little campers at one time or another. It's really fun having so many cousins close in age, but tricky while they're this young, too! Still, despite that, it's really fun seeing them play together. We especially felt a fondness for the growing relationship between the "big cousins", even though it's so weird that Addie, Lana, and Shelbi are the next round of "big girls" after Rachel and Maile. 
 
We went to this fun play-house while the older kids were in school, and I was trying to get a group picture but it was impossible, so this is the best I got.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Pawranee said...

I loved every minute of the visit, though we all know it was tricky with the little ones at times (Daisy, included, haha!). Love you guys! Thanks for spending the week with us. :)

Post a Comment