Saturday, January 26, 2013

34 Weeks

I am starting to feel quite round and uncomfortable! Not unbearably. . . I still sleep fairly well, except when I wake up to roll over or try and get out of bed to use the bathroom at five AM almost every day. By then, I'm so stiff that I feel a little broken rolling myself off the mattress and limping across the room. Pretty comical to watch, I'm sure. Once I get moving I'm fine, but it's any time I'm stationary that implements the problem. At night, I still laugh when I request Dan's assistance to push me up from a laying-down position to sit up and scoot across our king bed. The width is a bit of a hindrance these days -- these abs aren't what they used to be!
 

 
Overall, the pregnancy has gone by fast. But lately, when I really sit and think how I've known about my pregnancy since last July and all the events that have taken place since then. . . I'm realizing as I always do that pregnancy takes a long time! Today, however, was the first day that I felt pretty defeated, tired and just about done being pregnant. Chasing and lifting Aiyana around definitely had something to do with it, amplified by her especially temperamental attitude and behavior today due to nap-refusal.
 
 When Dan came home tonight from helping Jake move, I was one grumpy pregnant woman who needed a break! I felt so emotional driving away in the car and knew hormones were working over-time. Then I almost took a librarian's head-off for giving me a hard time about my library card. I won't go into the details, but the fact that I put in the effort to battle not only the useless customer service woman but also her supervisor, REALLY let me know I'm about done. I normally leave that to Dan or passively move on from the situation. Not tonight though. It was a bad night to give me a hard time about simply checking DVDs out!
 
6 more weeks! Tonight aside, I am generally functioning well and excited to meet this little boy! He shocks me every day -- especially at night -- with how much he moves. It feels like he's rolling around all the time! The movements are so big, he frequently startles me. It really is the craziest, almost-alien feeling. I don't remember Ty or Aiyana moving quite this strongly (I hope this isn't a clue to his temperment!).
 
Stats:
Fundal height: 34 cms
Weight gain: ~23 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment