I feel very spoiled. Not only did Brittany Bayles throw me a 30th birthday party only a couple months ago, but she teamed up with my friend Tonya McCall to throw me a full-blown baby shower! I have now had three baby showers with friends, food, games. . . the works! I encouraged them to keep it simple since this is baby #3, but since this is my first baby in Vegas, they saw the need to make it a party. We had a great time!
Food consisted of spinach dip, a pasta-spinach salad (that was amazing), chicken-salad croissants (Sam's Club has the most buttery croissants, hands down!) veggie tray, bubbly red punch, and a beautiful chocolate cake.
They held the party at my house, since both of them live ten+ minutes away and most of my guests are basically around the corner from me. So I hid upstairs until Britt and Tonya were done decorating. This is my surprised face.
Game #1 where everyone took ribbon and estimated my circumference. Most everyone over-estimated and told me not to be offended. = )
There were a couple really close ones, but Tonya had it almost exactly right with merely an inch or so too big!
Game #2 required a bit of a strong stomach. We had to guess which chocolate bar was melted in each diaper, nutty, grainy bits and all! Ugh.
And then one overly kind friend (bishop's wife) bought me a wish-list item that I did NOT intend for anyone to buy me. I wasn't even sure if WE would splurge on it! It's a Rock 'n Play sleeper that looks cozy and inclines. So excited to use it!
Dan and Scot Bayles took Aiya with them to get her out of the house. They ended up eating dinner at Red Robin with her. With the three of them together, Dan said they were getting a LOT of looks and side-glances! It's possible everyone thought they were an "item". = )
When they came home, Dan tried his skill at the diaper test. He took it quite seriously . . .
and prided himself on getting every one right, like the rest of us.
The baby shower really helped me realize that I'm truly having another boy! Sometimes it doesn't feel real yet. I'm so excited!
1 comment:
I'm so happy you have great friends that threw a baby shower for you! And I agree about those uber yummy Sam's Club croissants, mmm! I've played that "candy in the diaper" game before, but Dan looks like perhaps he sampled the diaper's contents...am I wrong? :) Love you guys! We are SO incredibly excited to meet our new little nephew!
Post a Comment