Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Easter!

We had a nice sacrament meeting to celebrate Christ and His Atonement. I was able to be a part of the program through singing "He is Risen" with my choir, and then also with a quartet. We sang, "O Savior Thou Who Wearest a Crown" -- one of my favorite hymns for harmonizing because of the tricky clashing of notes that sound beautifully perfect if you get it right. I signed up to sing alto while I was still pregnant, assuming I'd feel up to singing by the end of March. It was probably not smart of me to commit to all the extra practices right before having my baby, and then jumping back into practices two weeks after Aaron was born. Everyone was surprised to see me at practice, but it didn't feel like a big deal to me. It's singing, not exercise! And I all ready knew my part pretty well from singing this hymn in high school with Jen and a couple friends, and I just love the song and the powerful words. So that was nice to be a part of the music on Sunday and to remember my own testimony of Christ's Atonement.

That evening, we had a simple, non-traditional dinner with Kroc and Megan, consisting of grilled turkey burgers, chips and salsa, and cheese ball and crackers. I had offered to make deviled eggs but I didn't boil them quite long enough and despite my best efforts, peeling the shells tore up most of the egg whites too badly. I was sad because I copied this cute idea off pinterest where you die the egg-whites to make colorful deviled eggs! At least my cheese ball turned out:


Kroc hid the Easter eggs in our backyard for Aiyana. While she hunted for the eggs, Aaron slept through the whole evening so we don't have much footage of him in action. = )  Aiya was pretty entertaining though. We had to walk her through the whole process. Just like at Halloween, she was content with the first piece of chocolate she got her grubby little hands on. When she realized there was more, she had fun collecting the eggs while Daddy held her basket. We had to point out just about every egg though! She was one distracted girl! That, and to her credit, our backyard is more over-grown jungle than anything, so it wasn't really a fair course.


My little beauty looking so grown up these days. It's exciting for me but makes me sad, too. This cute dress was adopted from her older cousin, Shelbi, who has donated quite a few keepers. Thanks Pawn and Shelbs!







Dan, comically exasperated, saying, "AIYA. . . do you think there's an egg RIGHT HERE??"

Aiza-Paiza, (one of those nick-name metamorphosis. Don't ask) checking out her loot! Dan had to confiscate the eggs and dump out most of the candy because she was shoveling all of them into her mouth as fast as she could! We seriously have a snacking problem on our hands with this one. "Eat-EAT!" she loves to say. . . and do. We're working on offering healthy options in smaller portions so she can grow up with good habits!

POP-ROCKS! She loved the sizzling flavor on her tongue. She was so happy and entertaining this evening, loving being chased by Dan for an hour straight it seemed, and so hyped up on sugar. That, and she loves Aunt Megan and Uncle Ry-Ry. Seriously, she gets really happy whenever they come over.





Next year, Aaron boy! You'll be all over that candy-action, too.

2 comments:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Oh man, I need to meet your kids! Aiya seems so hilarious! I love seeing what your family has been up too.

Pawranee said...

Mommy and I loved your post! We could actually "hear" Dan asking Aiyana if there could possibly be an egg in the tree! :) Aiyana is such a cutie! There is one photo of Aiya where we could see her resemblance to Erica. Lucky girl! It will be so fun to see how she turns out with such hot parents, hehe! :)

Post a Comment