Yesterday marked 6 weeks since birth! My appointment went well, even with both kids in tow. Aiyana, with her bribery sucker in hand, moved from her seat during my exam and opted for a very educational view! I had to laugh when she made a confused and displeased face and whined at the midwife, who explained she wasn't hurting Mommy. Poor girl. She'll have it all explained to her one day.
Recovery has been fast. In the hospital, I hardly hurt at all, though I accepted a couple motrin. It wasn't until I came home that I felt tender, no doubt from aquiscing to Aiyana's demand to pick her up, and walking up and down the stairs. But by week three and four, I felt pretty much back to normal, having lost the first 20 lbs (of my 30) from birth and nursing. Without exercise (and still indugling my sweet tooth despite the rest of my fairly healthy eating habits), my weight has plateued. Most of the last ten, as usual, probably won't completely fall off until I'm done nursing. And by "fall off", I mean exercising hard and eating well!
Dan and I have enjoyed the last couple weekends spending time together at the park with our family. We discovered a couple new ones just over five minutes from our house. We love the area we live in! and the weather is fabulous right now.
5 weeks old at the time, and still snoozing most of his life away! He's definitely my sleepiest baby (during the day that is!). I can't keep him awake without dealing the repercussions of a cranky baby.
Dan has been teaching Aiyana about how a kiss can wake a sleeping-daddy.
She cooperated for pictures with Dad. As for me, this next string of pictures will show her more typical nature and relationship with me:
"Aiya come here! I just . . .
"Aiya come here! I just . . .
"want. . .
"a picture with you!"
Aiyana's become a little more intrusive with Aaron. I have to keep him up on the table (in a bouncy seat) or else she clobbers him with "love" and attention. When she wants MY attention, she's been hitting him in the head more often though. Poor baby has been bulking up fast (at ~ 9lbs 10 oz) to defend himself!
2 comments:
Super cute pictures! You guys are so great at documenting the sweet happy moments of parenthood and family life. :) I love little Aiya! Sweet, spicy, playful...hmmm, kinda reminds me of her mama as a little girl and even NOW!
You look fantastic Erica. You always do. I think Maren and I have a similar photograph relationship like you and Aiya! Loving the weather here too.....for a few more weeks :/
Post a Comment