Thursday, May 16, 2013

Aaron's Blessing Weekend

We blessed Aaron on Mother's Day and were lucky to have so much family in attendance. It was the best weekend! Too short but definitely sweet and fun.
 
Family representatives from Utah, Arizona, Vegas and China/Thailand (That last one would be by my dad, who can't seem to decide which country he lives in!)

Aiyana looked so pretty in a new birthday outfit from her Aunt Pawnee. Too bad she had no patience for pictures that day!

Oh well. It was Aaron's special day anyway, and he in contrast, was calm and happy as he tends to  be these days. 10 weeks old and so handsome, wearing the same blessing outfit as his big brother, Ty, and his older cousin Christian (Thanks again to Pawnee for lending it out, and also to my dad who didn't give up on the yellowish stain on the collar. A little bit of elbow grease and Oxy Clean made it good as new).

The following pictures are courtesy of Carrie and her handy photography skills, as usual!






 
 
One of my favorite lines from Aaron's baby blessing (which Dan said he hadn't thought about before; it just came to him) was: Through the tender mercies of the Lord, you will get to know your brother, Ty; You were and always will be friends
 
I absolutely love that reminder that Ty and Aaron most definitely knew each other, and more than that, were friends who chose to be in the same family. I'm betting that's the case with many of us in our own families, too.
Pictures of Ty
5 weeks, but I feel like Aaron really resembles him here

 Blessing day, also at 10 weeks old
 
 
 
The weekend went by so quickly and we were sad when everyone had to leave by 2 pm to return home. But Dan, Aiya, Aaron and I all took splendid naps to recooperate that afternoon! We crammed a lot of fun into two days, including Saturday morning at the splash pad (pictured below) and celebrating Aiyana's 2nd birthday a week early (post to follow!).
 















 








2 comments:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Oh my gosh, I love Aiya's thighs in her swim pictures. SO CUTE! And I love seeing pictures of your family. Such a sweet line from Aaron's blessing. Made me cry.

Hoenes Family said...

What great support you had! I agree with Jamie- what a neat blessing! Happy Birthday to your spunky little Aiya!

Post a Comment