Sunday, April 28, 2013

2 Months Old!

At six weeks, Aaron started to become notably more alert and holding his head up better. Until now, I couldn't keep the kid awake during the day, and he was waking up too many times for my liking at night! I was so pooped, I kept falling asleep with him propped in my arms while he fell asleep nursing.

When Aaron turned 7 weeks and was still waking up restlessly throughout the night and sleeping so much during the day, I decided to focus on getting him on a schedule. So I opened up Baby Wise to refresh my memory and followed their 2.5-3 hour cycle guideline.  It took a few days to find a consistent rhythm, but even after just one day, I noticed a difference in Aaron's night sleeping.
 8 weeks


By 8 weeks, we definitely felt a natural rhythm in our day, and at two months we've stayed pretty consistent. While Aaron wakes up off and on after 6 am, we don't get up for the day until 8 am when Aiyana finally gets impatient from waiting for me (she's usually awake in her crib after 7 am). We get out of the house almost every day by 10:30/11 am for errands, story-time, the park, etc. By early afternoon, I can usually get both of them to overlap in naps for an hour or two, so that's awesome. We are so excited when Dan gets home by 6:30 for dinner. Then Aiyana is in bed by 8 and Aaron loosely swaddled by 9. Before Dan and I go to our separate bedrooms (boo!), we get a couple hours together to ourselves to watch our favorite shows.

Now that Aaron is sleeping a little better, (roughly 9pm-1am and then nurses again at 4 or 5am, and then again between 6:30/7:30)  I'm not needing naps every day anymore and can get other things done, whether around the house or simply fun for myself! Speaking of which, sleep contributes so much to mood and attitude. Even with only getting 3-4 hour stretches of sleep, I am much happier and less grouchy at Aiya. We are having a lot more fun together these days!

Stats:
11 lbs 2 oz
 22 and 3/4 cm long

Other highlights:
  • Smiled for the first time at 7 weeks!
  • less gassy and fussy so he's much more calm and content when awake
  • visibly cringes a little when his sister dives in to kiss him with love and attention!


Caught a little smile in progression:





 


No comments:

Post a Comment