- More mobile! He stands any chance he gets, grabbing onto everything.
- More bruised: His forehead always has a hint of grey, blue or yellow . . . evidence of healing bruises. He either bonks his head into things in his hurry to get from here to there, falls over, or more often than not: takes a shove from Aiya and hits his head. Poor baby. He's pretty tough though. Usually he only has prolonged cries when he gets hurt from Aiya -- like the hurt feelings of the situation exacerbates the pain! I don't blame him.
- More teeth! During the week of Christmas, he had one bottom tooth and his two top front teeth coming in at the same time, with a hint of one more on top threatening to make an appearance soon. He was miserable at night for a few days -- mostly when going to bed and waking up one or twice again. Thankfully, that passed once the teeth emerged! He's a decent sleeper again.
- More determined! He will twist and turn in his fight to get away from me when I'm doing his diaper or preventing him from reaching the toilet or anything he knows he shouldn't. Distraction, distraction! Giving him something to play with is my only hope.
- Weaned! I thought I'd be able to nurse at least once a day for a couple more months, but Aaron lost interest. He'd take to me for a few moments in the morning, but then pull off mad and wanting to squirm away, so . . . I've called it good and we are full on formula these days. I'm kinda sad, but also appreciate the convenience of a bottle, too, so I'm ok. (Mother nature seems to be preparing me for another baby sooner than I anticipated, too, so now I really gotta watch out! ; )
- Not much talking yet. Just "da-da-da" sometimes, but mostly he growls! Like sister-like-brother, I guess.
I often have morning-snuggle pictures because it's one of the rare times I can catch him sitting still!
I like throwing in a load of laundry or putting clothes away when I have these few minutes of containing the two of them -- but I really only have minutes because Aiya torments him with "love and affection."
His worst bruise ever from when Aiya shoved him from his stance next to the tub. He fell right into a part of the wall that juts out next to the bathtub.
One of the missionaries caught him playing in the bathroom! Little stinker. He's so fast! And oh-so-cute and handsome.
Happy first Christmas, baby boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment