Saturday, January 4, 2014

Our Third Christmas in Vegas

We've traveled a lot throughout the rest of the year,but somehow Dan and I have managed three Christmases in Vegas since we moved here in August 2011. No complaints here! It's definitely easier to be on home turf with kids, so I'm grateful to Pawn and Jen's families for coming out this year. Living in "middle ground" Las Vegas has its perks for sure!
 
 Sunday Christmas program: All music! I love singing with the choir. I sang in a quartet this year, a song called, "Christ Child." I still get nervous singing in front of people, but I'm more confident with these ladies because the harmonies are beautiful. It went well!




 These two are just so cute, especially next t each other. I still can't believe ALL of mine and Jen's kids are 2-6 weeks apart. I love having these pictures with the littlest ones together. Ella is such a happy sweetheart!  She just loves to stare and catch people's attention before breaking into a huge grin. As for Aaron: little stud muffin!


Birthdays!
Thomas turned 40 on December 30th, but we surprised him by celebrating early. We hired babysitters for all ten kids so the adults could enjoy Hunger Games in theater! It was so nice to watch such an enthralling movie with so many of my favorite people. We came home for dessert and to let Thomas take out his aggression on this pinata.



On Christmas Eve, we had a window-decorating contest! It was more fun to do than to clean, but totally worth it!


We enjoyed our live Nativity, a first time on the Rock side with our kids together.
Cast:
Joseph: Brax
Shelbi: Mary
Baby Jesus: Ella (she fulfilled her role as the "understudy" since Aaron was in bed by then!)
Donkey: Rusty, of course. = )

 Shepherd: Rachel
Star/Angel: Kylana



Wiseman: Christian -- a very OLD wiseman, apparently.


Following the Nativity, a little Happy 31st Birthday to Me!
 




Christmas Morning!
The kids were really patient with us since we didn't open presents until closer to 9 AM! We all enjoyed the stockings first, then Christmas presents and a delicious, easy breakfast. (Frozen cinnamon rolls, quiche bites, fruit, and bacon)






 Can't remember what inspired this dance, but it definitely made its way into our Christmas morning.


 Aiya's presents were centered around Princesses. She wears her new gowns every single day obsessively!


 Looking a little worse for wear, here's Aiya acting out her role as Snow White on cue:



Merry Christmas and Happy  New Year 2014!

1 comment:

Karen Ella said...

hahahahah! I love checking your blog, and I can't BELIEVE how big Aiya is. But I have to say, the Snow White acting pics totally made me laugh out loud! SO CUTE!!!

Post a Comment