Friday, September 19, 2014

First Trimester

Morning sickness hit hard and fast this time around! Usually I start to feel sick around eight weeks but I ease into it and don't feel too bad until ten weeks. This time, at seven weeks pregnant, I felt sick, and it was just days before I attended girls camp for two days. Interestingly, I felt fine for the most part while I was at camp, but as soon as I returned home, morning sickness and fatigue hit me hard again!

I don't know if I remember feeling sooo tired before with my other pregnancies. (I probably did and just keep forgetting...) With the excessive fatigue and upset stomach, I thought maybe I had a virus, but I'm sure it was all pregnancy related. I would fall asleep at eight or nine PM and be out for the night! Nap time every afternoon saved me. I was a little stressed because I wanted to get working on my latest novel, but the only time I could write was at nap time or bedtime, and I was too pooped to be creative and look at a screen!

By about fourteen weeks, I started to improve, although morning sickness had tricked me in the weeks prior. I'd feel horrible for a few days and then for a couple days feel like I was just fine, giving me false hope that it was over. I'd say it took until sixteen weeks to be done feeling so sick! So glad when I felt back to normal!


The bump begins!

 The most delicious meal I ever tasted! At least since getting pregnant. This is hands-down the best grilled cheese and tomato bisque combo ever!! Yardhouse, you're my hero.

Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea was a life saver during first trimester! With a generous mix of cream and honey, this was the saving grace of morning sickness, in conjunction with buttery toast. Mmm.... comfort.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment