Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Random September Favorites

I love going to Costoc, so long as the kids are cooperative. I always have a list in hand, but I will absolutely cruise through the entire store in search of food samples. I love trying just a bite here and there of different food that I may or may not want to purchase in bulk. The kids tend to enjoy the Costco tour, as well, but they're favorite part is sharing a hot dog and a soda at the end. Sometimes it's more chaotic than fun, but I do love watching them chomp into this thing!






Weekends at home with Daddy. They're the best!


Oh yes, the popcorn fiasco. I had literally just swept and mopped the entire floor, which is a huge feat, considering how long it takes just to get toys and random stuff off the floor, and kids occupied for the duration of time.

I turned my back for a minute, and Aaron dumped out an entire bag of sweet and salty (and sticky) Kettlecorn all over the floor. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry! I opted for taking a few pictures and savoring the moment. Then I gave them a little time to eat popcorn off the floor to help with clean up. Stinkers.





My friend, Laura Mounteer, has been so amazing in taking both of my kids for play-dates! Aiya and Aspen are only a month apart, but Laura so generously takes my kids almost once a week, allowing me writing time or even just kid-free errands. I don't think she has any idea just how much sanity she brings to my life by offering me this solo time. She claims it makes her day easier to keep Aspen occupied at home while she cleans up, but I definitely get the better end of the stick!




Aiya started her first dance class! I was more excited about it than I thought I'd be, considering I don't see myself as a "girly" mom. Aiya felt beautiful and special in her leotard and tutu, and she was excited to have her friend Aspen in class with her. She's had a lot of fun participating in the movement across the room and interacting with all those cute little girls. 





I love our sandbox! It usually buys me 30 minutes of time to do dishes or make dinner or mop the floor while they entertain themselves outside. I do often have to intervene with the fighting now and then, which is unfortunate because Aaron could play out there for an hour by himself if Aiya didn't taunt him for reactions by throwing sand at him or taking his toys. But it makes me really happy when they do play well together!



No comments:

Post a Comment