During the ultrasound, Dan and I loved checking out our little baby, relieved to see that everything was just fine in the development. We turned our heads when the ultrasound tech checked the important parts. I could have looked because I'm horrible at deciphering the images, but Dan has a better eye for that sort of thing. So we both looked away, although Dan admitted later that he saw a quick glimpse of the gender anyway. Cheater!
We just had family over, which consisted of Sandra, Megan, and Ryan representing the Kiefer side. And my mom and Jen (who was visiting from West Virginia!) representing the Rock side. First, we had everyone guess the gender by blowing up a blue balloon or a pink one. Then we took a hilarious picture with their blown up balloon under their shirts! Kiefers guessed boys, Rocks guessed girls.
After eating delicious fruit-filled crepes, we were ready for the all-telling pinata. We hung the gold star pinata from the stairs, knowing we were looking for an orange sucker to represent a boy, and a soft pink sucker to represent a girl. (We had the ultrasound tech drop in the appropriate colored sucker into the pinata before we left). All the little kids took turns hitting the pinata (or tapping it!), and then I took a turn and then Dan. I made a decent dent in my excitement to find out, but Dan's strategic hits released all the candy.
I couldn't believe it was orange! We are having another boy!
Shocked, but still very happy. It's really weird to think that if Ty were here, Aiya would be the only girl with three brothers! I don't know that I ever thought I'd have so many boys!
Along with the excitement of finding out what we're having, and in such a fun way, I'm also relieved to announce that second trimester has brought my energy back! I've been exercising a few days a week, even during first trimester, but it's definitely easier to go to Body Pump once or twice a week and not feel like sleeping on the dirty gym floor!
So far, I am really mobile and comfortable and not experiencing any pelvic bone pain, like I did early on with Aiyana and about half-way through with Aaron. *Crossing my fingers for a pain-free pregnancy!
No comments:
Post a Comment