Well, during all that sleep, I guess he decided to unleash that mighty newborn personality inside of him! He's by no means a difficult baby. He's just getting harder to soothe than he used to be. Gone are the days when I can just let him fall asleep on his own. Now he needs more rocking and attention when it's bedtime. Unfortunately for Dan, he's also become a very big mama's boy. Dan's feelings have become hurt the past two Wednesday's when I've had to leave Logan with him so I can attend mutual with the Young Women. Logan just cries and thrashes and takes 45 minutes to an hour to permanently settle down. For me, he's pretty easy most of the time, and it's not because I'm nursing him to sleep. If I take a restless Logan from Dan's arms, he'll settle right against me and fall asleep almost immediately. I'm so glad for that, and the attachment is sweet, but it does make it hard on Dan. I keep telling him it'll get better! It always does as the babies get bigger.
Highlights
- Logan has found his feet! He's at that great age where he enjoys playing on the floor for a little bit. So now he lays on his back like a dying beetle and kicks his legs around or holds onto them and rocks side to side. He loves to hold onto his toes. Cutest thing.
- Trying our hardest to get him to laugh! He coos and squeals here and there as we tickle him, but he hasn't let out any big laughs just yet. We can't wait! We sing to him the "Fast Food Song" that we started first with Ty and have sung to all the kids. It's just a silly tune with silly actions, but he seems to like it. Just not enough to bust out a good one for us yet!
- His eyes keep getting more beautiful. They are still a deep blue and since his lashes are coming in fuller, his eyes look bigger and just gorgeous against his olive-skin. Dark hair and blue eyes... we're all rooting for it!
- While he's more alert and awake, he's still napping three times, maybe 4. Basically, ever two hours he's ready to sleep. It just depends for how long. Right now he's waking up around 6/6:30 AM (groan... except Aiya usually has already woken us up by 5:45 or 6 anyway) and he'll want to be awake and play. I nurse him sideways in bed and try to fall back asleep, but I just get cooed at and kicked in the face with his feet or he bats me with his little fists. So I eventually just give up and get out of bed. Then he'll nap forty minutes to an hour around 8 so that he's ready to eat again at 9. Then he'll nap at 11 for another hour and eat at 12. And then I get another hour or two around 2 pm. He might doze off between 5-6 pm but he doesn't go to bed for his long stretch until about 7:30 pm. So if I'm home and get all these naps in... it's a pretty easy day with him!
- He does not like his car seat anymore, which makes doing more than one errand at a time difficult. I hate hearing him cry, although I've toughened up with every baby and just push through it! He's fantastic to shop with though if I put him in the baby carrier. He loves snuggling against me and hardly fusses.
I had to do the traditional four month-old photos in the bumbo! It started with Ty and I just made a point to do it with every kid. It was sentimental to take the picture. It's really the last photo I can take to compare to Ty and that makes me sad, especially since we think Logan might be our last baby. It's wonderful having a baby in part because it's a physical reminder of Ty. It's always a little hard to move past this age for that reason.
Still, I get a nice look at their personalities. Ty was the only one who sat so still and sweetly when I took the original photo. Ha ha Aiya was playful and kept moving around. Aaron became mad pretty quickly, as did Logan. Logan doesn't really love to be contained for very long. Whether it's the bumbo, swing, or that little walker with the toys on it, Logan would rather be laying on the floor with more space to move around. I'm excited to see how his personality continues to develop!
Happy 4 months, handsome boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment