Thursday, July 2, 2009

Father's Day




This is why i do not bake home-made, layered cakes! I had one successful experience over a year ago and crazily believed I could do it again. Well. Let me tell you - everything that could have gone wrong with the baking process DID go wrong! Fifteen minutes into baking the first two layers, smoke start coming up from the oven through the stove (which sadly, has been more a common experience than it should!) To my dismay, the two layers had over-flowed the pans and were burning at the bottom of the oven! So, i turned off the oven, cleaned up the stove, and put the pans back in the oven. With how high-maintanance the batter was, I refused to be defeated!
Fifteen minutes later, the timer went off, and I anxiously checked my precious layers... only to realize I had not turned the oven back on. I couldn't believe my luck. But I pressed on, finally managing to cook those two layers, and then a third one.
Well, as you can see, my disasterous baking didn't help for beautiful layers. But, still refusing to quit on this time-consuming project, I figured it was nothing a little frosting couldn't cover up.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Did you make them from scratch? I had a similar disastrous experience when I neglected to follow the high altitude directions when I was in Utah. (The cake worked PERFECTLY before!) It was a nightmare! So sorry!

Post a Comment