Monday, August 31, 2009

Life as a 2L

Dan has started his second year of law school and is now officially a "2L". In preparation, we threw a "back to school" BBQ with all his law school buddies and their wives. Dan has been so excited to use our new backyard, and we had a great time.
In the weeks prior to school starting up, I helped Dan type up and revise ~40 cover-letters for his resume, as he began the application process. This next step is a big one! Where he works next summer could determine where we will move and potentially settle after he graduates. It's both an exciting and stressful time because with the job market, there are not as many offers being laid out there. So far, Dan has had 7 interviews, including one in Phoenix, one in Sacramento, one in Las Vegas, and four in Salt Lake. Our preferences (if we dont' get an offer in Texas) are in that order. We'd really like to explore our options outside of Utah, even though I've grown fairly comfortable here in the meantime.

So far, Dan feels his interviews have gone really smoothly. We're crossing our fingers to hear back from at least a few of them in the next couple weeks!
(As for the picture - I bugged Dan to death by fussing over how handsome I thought he looked in his interviewing-suite: the same one we got married in! Yes, I made him pose for this, if you can't tell.)

1 comment:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Dan looks sharp! I'm super proud of him! Ok, so I'm voting Sacramento. Super high chance we will move there in the next few years. We can be neighbors!!

Post a Comment