On October 10, friends and family threw a baby shower for me! One of my visiting teachers from my old ward, Sara Harper, hosted it at her home. Emily, Pawnee, and Lynette helped with all the delicious food, and Emily home-made these adorable invitations. (Yes, Pawn drove up with all her kids to be here for the shower!)
Food included: White-chicken Chili, Chili Rellano, fruit & dip, apple cider, chocolate-cake popsicles, lemon cake and sorbet. With the shower at 5pm, it was the perfect meal for this on-coming fall weather.
Emily led two games, one of of which allowed Dan to sneak into my baby shower via a previously recorded video. Emily video-taped Dan answering 16 questions. In order for me to open a gift, I had to choose the answer that I believed was DAN'S answer. Dan has such a comical personality, even when he doesn't mean to, that it was hilarious to watch and listen to. Emily wrote up multiple-choice answers and let me tell you - she sure does know Dan! It was tricky for me to get the exact answer right because most of the options were believable. I think I got less than half-correct. But Emily kindly let me open my gifts anyway!
I felt so spoiled and loved that evening. Everyone was so generous with their gifts! I got tons of cute clothes, books, bath stuff, practical items like night-lights, diapers and wipes, bumbo-chair... Home-made items included blankets, a bath towel hoody and a (excuse me) "hooter-hider" that matches my nursery! Everything is so helpful to have and I'm so grateful.
Jen Johnson & Karmen Maxwell were just a couple of my friends in attendance. I knew these two back when I was in middle school and high school, both in Jakarta and Bangkok. Reunions like these are always fun!Here are some of the questions from my quiz, for your viewing pleasure:
1. Since being pregnant, which food has Erica craved most?
a) Nothing specific. If I had to guess something it would be Domino's pizza.
b) I don't know if she's craved anything specific. Erica is like the least hormonally affected woman I've ever met in my life. She just eats what she always loves, which is chocolate.
c) Erica has kind of gone through phases of foods during pregnancy, so there's not really one thing she's liked throughout the whole thing. She's always a fan of desserts though.
Answer = B
2. What physical feature from Erica do you hope the baby will have?
a) I really like her eyes. She wants the baby to have my eyes, which are blue, and I've explained to her a hundred times that's not going to happen, and she has brown eyes and I think that's pretty.
b) I hope he gets her athletic ability. She's really good at just about any sport she plays, and that would be cool if Ty could ya know, pick up some of her skills. Which he might already have because I'm pretty sure she was playing touch rugby when she wasn't supposed to be. Busted.
c) Well, this one is tricky because Ty is obviously a boy and Erica is a woman, so while I do want him to look like a mixture of us both, I don't want him to have too many of her physical features, if that makes sense. I guess I could say her skin. She has really pretty skin.
Answer = A
11. Do you think Ty will be born with hair?
a) After having seen Jen's baby and the absolute mop that was on top of that head, I want to say "yes" but I think I'll go with "no"just because I think that would be so funny if he was born bald.
b) Did you see the pictures of Jen's baby? Of course he will have hair, and some to spare.
c) After having seen Jen's baby and the absolute mop that was on top of that head, I'm gonna say, "Yes".
Answer = C
16. Who do you think will be the disciplinarian?
a) Well, my dad was the disciplinarian and I think I'm a lot like him, so it will probably be me. Plus, Erica's a softy and I think she'll let our kids get away with a lot.
b) I think it will be somewhat balanced. Erica is really good at working with kids and setting boundaries and stuff and I think I'll be pretty strict, so basically, our kids don't stand a chance. They're not getting away with anything.
c) That would be me, without a doubt. Erica will play the role where all the kids love her and then she'll say, "Wait till your dad comes home" and then I'll have to come home and be the evil one."
Answer = C
1 comment:
It all looks so cute. I am sorry we couldn't make it. I promise...you did not want any of our sick germs down there! And by the way, i got all the questions about Dan correct. I could totally hear him saying the answers. Hope you are doing well!!
Post a Comment