Friday, October 9, 2009

The newest addition

Kylana Malinee Fidler, born October 7, 2009, 4:35AM EDT. Just under 9 lbs!
You did it, Jen!
Jen, the happy new mama! She was such a trooper. The labor process was a long ordeal! The cramping and pre-term labor signs started two full days before "baby Lana" was born - which included some false labor that had Jen sent home Sunday evening with morphine! By the time she actually dilated to 3cm on Monday, she was in real labor for another 14 hours, pushing for two of those. Poor Jen's epidural didn't work the first time, either. But as soon as it was done correctly, all tears were put aside and she said it was smooth sailing from there on out!
We love this picture of Rusty, "bright eyed and bushy-tailed", as Pawnee commented. He and my mom were a great support to Jen throughout the whole ordeal, with little sleep between the two nights.
Look at that hair!

Her middle name is prounounced "Molly-Knee". It is a thai name, which my mom picked out. I'll have to get back to you on the meaning.

Thinking about Jen's labor and delivery had me thinking about my own upcoming experience! Just about 2 weeks left - or at least no more than three if baby Ty decides to be late! I had a bit of an anxiety attack at my last baby appointment. I was already feeling emotional when I arrived and I couldn't quite figure out what it was - then when asked how I was feeling, I realized it was anxiety. I think worrying and constantly thinking about how Jen was doing during the whole process took more out of me than I realized. So then my nurse practioner/midwife told me she'd like an ultrasound next week - admitting for the first time that the baby is measuring a little small for date, which I have always worried about. That just topped it off.

I called Dan to see about his schedule, and as soon as he asked how I was doing, it was all I could do not to start bawling. He could immediately tell I was upset and told me to come see him at work right away. So, amongst apologetic tears to the receptionist, I made next week's appt. for Wednesday at 3pm.

Dan and I went for a drive, and despite already having had one of those hyperventilating-type cries in the car by myself, I let it out all over again. I worried that maybe my body wasn't doing enough to give the baby what he needs to grow... that maybe I exercised too much... Dan squashed those thought immediately and did his best to console me, even though I know he's concerned, too. But ultimately, I think I was probably just overwhelmed with the reality that this baby is coming and maybe it scares me a little.

Dan and a good friend, Gary Andersen, gave me a blessing of comfort that night. I feel much better now. A good cry is necessary once in a while! Plus... I have definitely not used up very many "pregnancy hormone" excuses, so maybe I can chalk some of it up to that. = ) Really, though, I am very excited and can't to hold my baby in my arms and be brave like my sisters.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I hope you are feeling better. And a little more calm, although that might not come until after the appointment tomorrow, or after he is here safe and sound. Hang in there.

Post a Comment