Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Day!

Pawnee and the kids visited this weekend! On Saturday, we went to a pumpkin patch and the kids ran around and chose their very own pumpkin to carve/paint. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun.
I was pretty excited when I got a picture of Shelbilyn smiling. Pawnee says it's a rare things these days! Such a cutie...and so are the other three, of course. Christian has really been into this "Popeye" side-ways smile lately. Speaking of which, he's got such a personality now. When I opened the door and he saw me, his eyes widened and he threw out his arms and said loudly, "Wow! You're stomach is SO BIG!" For the rest of the trip, he continued to talk about "baby Ty" in my belly.

The girls worked so hard on their pumpkins. They cleaned them out really well, then used a paper stencil to trace a spooky design on the front. And then, of course, they patiently carved the design. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of their finished product. Christian enjoyed painting his little pumpkin. Shelbilyn just wanted to be with all her siblings and loved watching them work, and eventually trailed in colorful paint smudges through the kitchen and onto the carpet! Thank you, Dan, for cleaning that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment