
My favorite part about nursing is when he's finished. He loves to stretch, as if he's been through some tough ordeal. He always thrusts back his body, throws his little arms up in the air with tightly clenched fists, and scrunches up his face as he puckers those cute lips of his. Mm-mm-SATISIFIED! Makes me laugh every time.

Ty has really found his voice! He's been making cooing noises and giggling here and there. But last week, he laughed so hard that we were all in shock! I was on the phone with Pawnee, tickling him with his own hands on his belly, and after a while he let out the CUTEST sound I have ever heard. It was like a toddler's laugh! Like a "HA-HA-HA " that was six syllables long. As Pawnee said, "That sounded too old for him!" Dan was in the kitchen, and even he was looking over like, "Was that HIM?" It drives me crazy that I can't really describe it - but I've been craving to hear it again every day! Dan has made some progress when he blows on his belly. He loves when Dan plays with him.

A couple weeks ago, we bought him one of those floor-mats with the umbrella of toys hanging over him when he's lying on his back. He's been practicing his coordination and grabbing the toys really well. (I told him the other day that rugby practice starts now! Jk!) Other that that, he hasn't shown much interest in other hand-held toys. But the other night I gave him this little stuffed animal blankie that Pawnee bought him, and he just snuggled and sucked on it like it was his best friend.

His first basketball game! It was LOUD. But other than the first few minutes, he fell asleep in my arms for the rest of the game! It's nice that we can take him places without noise upsetting him. Dan and I had fun, anyway!

My absolute favorite outfit on him. It's so fun to dress him these days!

Snuggle time with Dad. It makes me happy to see how Dan is looking at Ty. In the evenings, Dan and I love to lie in bed and watch consecutive TV shows off of Netflix, right there on our laptop. Right now, we're thoroughly intrigued with "LOST". Ty joins us for a bit before we put him to bed. Speaking of which, I forgot to mention his sleep schedule improvement: Before 10 weeks, he was waking up every 3 hours. And then Dan mastered swaddling him. And I had the idea to lay him inside this wedge we bought him so that he was secured on his sides. And since then, he's been sleeping about 5-6 hours before waking up to eat. Then I'll nurse him and he'll sleep another 2.5-3 hours, nurse again, and back to sleep again! He is definitely his father's son. He likes to sleep in, and is CRANKY in the morning!

Oh, my little buddy... how I love you.
8 comments:
I could eat him up. He is so adorable. What I want to know is how in the world do you and Jen look like super models after having a baby 3 months ago!? I only got fatter! ARRG! Love you lots!
He is so cute. I am glad things are going so well. I can't believe how big he is getting. Time goes by so fast!
He is so precious, Erica! i love him already. I want to come meet him sometime!
He's getting so big! What a sweet little boy. That first laugh is the best!
So cute! Thanks for sharing about his little milestones AND his outfits. I am probably going to get some flack from the boys for satisfying my baby fix by looking at their kids..but no matter!!
These pictures are so cute! I love the new little snarl thing he is doing with his mouth...precious!!
Oh Erica he is getting cuter and cuter every time you post! Hopefully we'll make it out to Utah someday so we can meet him.
What a cutie. He is just so handsome! And what a beautiful Mom you are! You look so great!
Post a Comment